Please Don't Ever Be This Guys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Insulinshock

Class of 2022
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm umpiring a little league game today cause I had some down time when the pitcher gets drilled in the head by a line-drive from the batter, and he is instantly down. Not knocked out, just knocked down and in a lot of pain! So me and the other umpires rush to the kids side, his parents come from the stands, one of the coaches who's an EMT comes, etc.

Then about a minute later some kid who was about my age comes rushing onto the field, and pushes his way through all of us to look at the kid. This kid kneels by the player's head, and the EMT coach says, "Who are you?"

The kid looks him right in the eye, and says, "It's ok, don't worry, I'm a premed."

True story.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm umpiring a little league game today cause I had some down time when the pitcher gets drilled in the head by a line-drive from the batter, and he is instantly down. Not knocked out, just knocked down and in a lot of pain! So me and the other umpires rush to the kids side, his parents come from the stands, one of the coaches who's an EMT comes, etc.

Then about a minute later some kid who was about my age comes rushing onto the field, and pushes his way through all of us to look at the kid. This kid kneels by the player's head, and the EMT coach says, "Who are you?"

The kid looks him right in the eye, and says, "It's ok, don't worry, I'm a premed."

True story.

hahaha....what a douchebag!!!

Is the pitcher alright?

ohh yea he was fine he walked it off a couple minutes later.. it must have been that guys awesome premed skillz.
ok Im an EMT and if some kid came up to me and said that...I would have told him to GTFO or hit him across theface, not sure which.

LOL..... man, you can't make this stuff up can ya...... Very funny. :)

Glad he's ok though. In high school the pitcher for our girls softball team required quite a bit of facial reconstruction after getting nailed in the face like that. Then in undergrad at an intermural softball game we had a kid just get dropped and then died after being hit in the head while running to 2nd.

LOL..... man, you can't make this stuff up can ya...... Very funny. :)

Glad he's ok though. In high school the pitcher for our girls softball team required quite a bit of facial reconstruction after getting nailed in the face like that. Then in undergrad at an intermural softball game we had a kid just get dropped and then died after being hit in the head while running to 2nd.
:( You ruined what was sure tobecome an epically hilarious thread:(:(:(:(

WOW! That's really...douchy. I wish Chubs were there so he could have slugged him.
Ehh...Ppl have a tendency to butt into **** thatis no business to them...you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Members don't see this ad :)
:( You ruined what was sure tobecome an epically hilarious thread:(:(:(:(

Haha, sorry. I'll edit out the sad part. :)

Back on track now...... maybe this pre-med kid was like Chuck Norris's grandson? If so you're glad you didn't get a roundhouse kick to the face when challenging his experience.

I apparently missed out on the fun when I was a pre-med. Even after 1 year of med school I'm still pretty much of no use in a situation like that.

hahahahahha

that is soo funny... i told u the kids come into thr ER all the time...diagnosing themselves with google and when u don't agree with them they spout off about being pre-med...it is actually quite funny...

The Next one is gonna be...Dont worry I watch Grays anatomy!!

Don't worry, I stayed at a holiday inn express last night

Don't worry, my girlfriend is a nurse.
:thumbup:

This thread is going places

Don't worry, I volunteer in the gift shop at the hospital.

Dont worry...I can wipe my own ***.

**i used this line on a CNA once- I feel so evil

That needs to be made into a shirt.

I'm not even sure what to say to someone like that!

On the flip side, after your first day of medical school, everyone you know will call you for medical advice/ask you to look at some nasty lesion on their body. It's pretty humbling to have to tell everyone, "I have no idea, call your doctor."

:eek: Sounds like the baseball should have hit the premed. I bet the guy had scrubs on underneath. Probably ripped off his shirt Superman style while declaring his awesomeness.

I'll let y'all know when I read that kid's AMCAS essay. I expect it will start something like this...

"Crack! The ball shot off the bat and straight for the young pitcher's head. In a moment he was down and writhing in pain. I rushed to the side of the suffering child but as a mere pre-med there was nothing I could do to help. I watched as others attended to him and I wished that I could do more. I saw the skill with which medical professionals attended to his needs with such skill and caring. Later, I saw the grateful smiles of the little boy's parents and I realized that helping others is the most gratifying work in the world. I want to be a doctor so that I can help others."

I'll let y'all know when I read that kid's AMCAS essay. I expect it will start something like this...

"Crack! The ball shot off the bat and straight for the young pitcher's head. In a moment he was down and writhing in pain. I rushed to the side of the suffering child but as a mere pre-med there was nothing I could do to help. I watched as others attended to him and I wished that I could do more. I saw the skill with which medical professionals attended to his needs with such skill and caring. Later, I saw the grateful smiles of the little boy's parents and I realized that helping others is the most gratifying work in the world. I want to be a doctor so that I can help others."

Is that how premeds get rejected without secondaries? :D

ADCOMs created these monsters. They create hoops, we jump through them.

True story.

:laugh:

So sad because it's so true. Lizzy clearly read a few of my application essays. :laugh:

ADCOMs created these monsters. They create hoops, we jump through them.

Also a very good point.

There is no requirement to jump out of the bleachers at athletic contests and act like God's gift to the world (if you are not there in a "professional" capacity as a designated first responder).

I was referring to the glorification and overly dramatized PS that applicants feel they need (or maybe really do need) to write in order to demonstrate their absolute desire to become a physician. It's not enough to say you find the human body fascinating or you like the challenges of learning to heal. There's gotta be some drama!

I was referring to the glorification and overly dramatized PS that applicants feel they need (or maybe really do need) to write in order to demonstrate their absolute desire to become a physician. It's not enough to say you find the human body fascinating or you like the challenges of learning to heal. There's gotta be some drama!

off topic:

I can't stand that word... fascinating.

It probably popped up in 80% of personal statements I helped revise last year.

Please don't use that one, people.

off topic:

I can't stand that word... fascinating.

It probably popped up in 80% of personal statements I helped revise last year.

Please don't use that one, people.

:thumbup:
If I had a dime for every pre-med who is fascinated by the human body and another dime for every one who started their PS with an (unnecessary) dramatic sound effect, I'd be all set for retirement.:laugh:

There is no requirement to jump out of the bleachers at athletic contests and act like God's gift to the world (if you are not there in a "professional" capacity as a designated first responder).

But there is a (unstated) requirement to be gung-ho about medicine...

you should have done to him what Richie Sexson did to Kason Gabbard

image4085202.jpg

I didn't see that so this is a very funny image out of context...