Please Help: I took the DAT yesterday, but computer went down during QR.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigoe

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

This is my first post on here. Please help and guide me as only I could leave that exam with more stress and drama than when I first walked in.

I felt confident going through the entire exam and felt I had been doing a good job. It came down to the last 5 minutes of QR where Im almost home free. And my god damn computer monitor went black. I sat there for 15 seconds hoping it would come back on (because it had previously went black and then came back on immediately after). Then after the 15 seconds I went bat **** crazy and found an instructor who had to help figure out the problem and then reconnected all of the cables in the back of the computer for the monitor. When the test comes back on the screen I have under 1 minute left (55 seconds) to literally try and finish the QR section where all I had time to do was click CCCCCCCCCCCCC for any of the questions I didnt get to even attempt.

My scores ended up being:

PAT : 20
QR : 16
RC : 21
Bio : 21
GC : 20
OC : 19
TS : 20
AA : 19

oGPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.63

And now I am ****ing terrified that I wont be accepted because I can be filtered out by having a 16. The testing guy said he had to write up a report, but I am not sure what the hell happens from here. My AA could have been a 20-21 if not for the 16, and it wasn't even my fault. I ended up losing an entire 5 minutes waiting for the screen to come back online.

I studied hard for this test, I don't want to have to retake it because of a computer error on their part that completely screwed over my grades.

If you have any guidance, anybody to contact in terms of ADA/Prometric, or any information at all about what I should do, I really do appreciate anything you guys can help me with. Happy holidays everyone

Members don't see this ad.