Please help!! I'm in a dilemma. Should I reschedule my AUGUST 24, 2017 TEST DATE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ugfdoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI All,

I am scheduled to take my MCAT in a little over 3 weeks. I just finished my MCAT course with Princeton Review. During the course, I only took 3 TPR full lengths and scored by a 2 points increments each time. I don't feel like I am ready because I haven't really gone over the material in depth as I should. Don't get me wrong, I already took the class yes, but during while I was taking the course, i was working full time + overtime. Now that the class is over and I quit my job(in order to concentrate) I am looking for a way to do a week and half of content review then do Full lengths all throughout until my exam date. And I am thinking of rescheduling to the September 9th test date but unfortunately I am finding an open slot for San Francisco. I'm freaking out. Especially after finding out today that AMCAS takes an average of the MCAT scores. I want to take this test once and for all but then I want to make sure I am ready.

My intention is to apply to a post bac program before medical school, as my grade is kind of subpar to medical school expectation. And I am applying to fall to start next August which means I need my MCAT scores to apply. I am confused. Please help.. :)

Members don't see this ad.

You shouldn't be freaking out. Here is what I would do.

1) I would take a scored AAMC FL and see what your score is. These are the most indicative of how you may perform test day.
2) If this score is not optimal, I would definitely reschedule your test date. If you're applying strictly post bacc, moving back a few weeks won't impact your application at all. If you were applying to med school that might be somewhat of a consideration.

The biggest thing I can say is be confident in yourself when your test does come. Personally, taking the AAMC FLs was the biggest thing for me in this department. I'd take one of those asap (like tomorrow) and see what your score is.

Reactions: 1 user
You shouldn't be freaking out. Here is what I would do.

1) I would take a scored AAMC FL and see what your score is. These are the most indicative of how you may perform test day.
2) If this score is not optimal, I would definitely reschedule your test date. If you're applying strictly post bacc, moving back a few weeks won't impact your application at all. If you were applying to med school that might be somewhat of a consideration.

The biggest thing I can say is be confident in yourself when your test does come. Personally, taking the AAMC FLs was the biggest thing for me in this department. I'd take one of those asap (like tomorrow) and see what your score is.
Thank you very much. I have only taken TPR FL, I will take AAMC FL tomorrow like you advised. However, I still need to brush up on my content review as that may impact my score when I take the AAMC FL. Do you think so?

Thank you very much. I have only taken TPR FL, I will take AAMC FL tomorrow like you advised. However, I still need to brush up on my content review as that may impact my score when I take the AAMC FL. Do you think so?

With your exam in three weeks or so you're actually at a point where you won't be able to reschedule soon.. I forget the deadlines but they say them on aamc.com. I took AAMC FL 1 without a lot of content review and while not ideal it still was really valuable and gave me a sense of what the real thing is gonna be like.

At this point your biggest dilemma is whether or not to test on august 24th.. The best way to begin to address that question is to take a scored official AAMC FL and see what your score is.

Reactions: 1 user
With your exam in three weeks or so you're actually at a point where you won't be able to reschedule soon.. I forget the deadlines but they say them on aamc.com. I took AAMC FL 1 without a lot of content review and while not ideal it still was really valuable and gave me a sense of what the real thing is gonna be like.

At this point your biggest dilemma is whether or not to test on august 24th.. The best way to begin to address that question is to take a scored official AAMC FL and see what your score is.
Okay. I will do just that.
SN: I looked online and the deadline to reschedule for a fee of $60 is 8/8 that's why I am shooting for the 9/9 test date to give me an extra 2 weeks to increase my chances. This evening my plan is to do a study schedule starting tomorrow up until the day of my test. I want to do 1 full week of content review then the rest is solely AAMC FLs (sorry if I'm being repetitive :) )