Please help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medlover

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am interested in pursuing med school. I have a masters in computer science but I need to do post bacc work. I was wondering if any of you could help me in going about this. I live in Minnesota(Minneapolis) and am working full time. I do not see any post bacc programs around so I am kind of lost about how to go about it. Any 1 year Masters or DYI suggestions? Please Folks help me out.
Thanks
MedLover

Members don't see this ad.

there are several special masters programs assuming you took the mcat or GRE and the pre-med curriculum. (eventually you must take the MCAT) there is one in georgetown,drexel,boston U, finch, loyola, UMDNJ. I know none are really close to minn but if you wouldnt mind travelling for 1 year it might be worth it. If you never took any pre med classes do a postbac program there are many around and several good ones like columbia and harvard go to aamc.org to find out more near your area. Dont give up if this is what you really want to do. Good luck and all the best

medlover,
your don't need to be in a structured post-bacc or masters program. the first thing you need to do is figure out which pre-requisites you need to take. almost all schools require a year of bio, chem, o-chem, and physics, all with labs. start there. if you want to continue working full time, enroll at a local 4-year college or university, and start taking the sciences in the evening.

after you complete these sciences, you'll be ready to take the mcat, but that'll be a while down the road, especially if you take classes part time. going back to school full time would definitely speed up the process.

good luck!