Please help!!!! Occlusion!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentistfairy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please someone help me!!!! :xf: I have a big trouble understanding which teeth are in contact during protrusive, lateral and lateral-protrusive occlusion. It's very clear in the books which teeth are in contact during ideal/central occlusion. There are many question in part 1 like "which cusps contact with which teeth during lateral movement on working side". I am so confused!!! Please help me to understand it and where can I read about it!!!! Thank you.
 
Not really, they tell specific teeth contact only for central occlusion. They don't explain each tooth specifically in lateral, protrusion and lat.protrusion. If you know the answer to my question, please post it hear!!!! Thanks.
 
I wasn't able to understand this just from reading the books/notes. What I did was take my articulator and use a colored pencil to color the functional cusps/triangular ridges one color (red) and the non-functional cusps another color (blue) for both arches. Now, with the cusps colored, I would run the articulator through protrusive and lateral excursive movements slowly and observe where the cusps moved. I would concentrate on learning the maxillary and mandibular first molars first. Once you have them down, everything else will become easier and will fall in to place. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone knows, PLEASE write down which exactly teeth connect to which teeth during right and left lateral mandibular movement!!! I am so confused...