• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Please Help!!! Retaking courses

basante1020

Apr 24, 2020
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hello,
So I just recently graduated undergrad and am currently in a gap year before applying to optometry school. I wanted to retake some courses that I did not do so well in at a local community college. From reading others posts on this forum, I thought that you would retake courses that you have a C in, but when I went to register for them they said it was against policy. Is this rule for all colleges and/or universities? If this is true, than does that mean I can only retake courses if it is lower than a C average. I am just confused if I misinterpreted the information.

LUC78

2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2016
  1. Pre-Optometry
At some universities only a C- or below counts as failing so they wont let you retake it at the same school. Try to look for another community college or university where you can retake the course. Another option is excelsior college which offers classes online. I took an Anatomy pre-requisite there but I made sure to email all the universities I was applying to with details of the course/online school and make sure they accepted it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.