Please help - waitlist and financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vrazz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for any of you who were successful in getting off of a waitlist, especially towards the end of the summer. What did you do about housing and financial aid? I have one acceptance and will likely have housing and financial aid there by the time (if and when) I get off of the waitlist. Has anyone been in this situation? What did you do?

I've heard of people getting off the waitlist as soon as two days prior to the start of classes....where are you?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by vrazz
I have one acceptance and will likely have housing and financial aid there by the time (if and when) I get off of the waitlist.

vrazz,

Do you have an acceptance, or have you been placed on the waitlist? Have you been placed on the alternate list at any school?

I think the way that it works, someone please correct me it I am wrong, is that you should go ahead and apply for financial aid. You can turn down any offer if you dont get in. If fact, the FAFSA form asks you to list all the schools that you may be attending. Contact the school where you are waitlisted and ask to speak to the financial aid representative. They will be able to give you a more difinitive answer.

To answer your question, I once knew a person that was accepted two days before the med school classes started. He had attended school several days before he could find an apartment. I dont know if he had applied prior to that for financial aid, but I would assume that he had. Med schools have people change their minds at the last minute, more often than you would think. A couple of years ago I was once on the alternate list at WVSOM and was informed the day classes started that I did not get one of their seats.

I hope this helps, feel free to PM me or email me with more questions. Good luck

Aaron