Please need advice, orgo II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zoey1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I need some advice and help in regard to what to do.. I am registered for organic II this semester. I finished the rest of the basic requirement. My problem is that during fall semester this class offered only one section and the prof who teaches it is so hard (I am not a lazy student, I will do my best) but from what I heard from students who took it with her before over the last years is that the highest grade she gives is C+. Now I already applied to many schools, I don't want to ruin my gpa, and also I have 3 schools so far put my app on hold with the comment "waiting for fall semester grades in order to review again" and actually U of Michigan sent me an email specifically asking me to update my grade for organic at the end of this semester.
What to do? If I take it and end up with bad grade, these schools might reject me right away. If I wait till spring semester when three other professors teach orgo, will these schools still reject me cause I did not take orgo during the fall??
Did anyone take orgo during spring semester before starting dental school???

Please help :(

Members don't see this ad.

Go to office hours and ask any questions you may have regarding the materials. If you receive an acceptance and you make at least a B in the course, then you should be good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All,
I need some advice and help in regard to what to do.. I am registered for organic II this semester. I finished the rest of the basic requirement. My problem is that during fall semester this class offered only one section and the prof who teaches it is so hard (I am not a lazy student, I will do my best) but from what I heard from students who took it with her before over the last years is that the highest grade she gives is C+. Now I already applied to many schools, I don't want to ruin my gpa, and also I have 3 schools so far put my app on hold with the comment "waiting for fall semester grades in order to review again" and actually U of Michigan sent me an email specifically asking me to update my grade for organic at the end of this semester.
What to do? If I take it and end up with bad grade, these schools might reject me right away. If I wait till spring semester when three other professors teach orgo, will these schools still reject me cause I did not take orgo during the fall??
Did anyone take orgo during spring semester before starting dental school???

Please help :(
Take a breath, understand how weak you sound right now, analyze your situation, be cool and you will not get a C in the class. Your not thinking clearly at all, clear you mind, learn as much as you can, practice, and you will be fine. We all have hard classes, the ones who disregard what people tell you, and go in with a cool mind have a better time than people who are constantly worrying.

Nothing is ever hard.

Reactions: 1 users
How many other students have you heard that the highest grade she gives is a C+? How do they know that? The only way this prof could do that is if she curved grades. Typically people taking Ochem are headed to medical, dental, vet school, etc. and you can't tell me that no one has ever gotten an A in that class. Talk to the prof, find out what the REAL grading practices are. If you aren't satisfied with the answers, talk to the head of the department and ask there. Also, even if it is true that she only gives C's at best, which is doubtful, one blip on your transcript isn't going to hurt you as long as it isn't a C-.

Reactions: 1 user
Your prof wouldn't be employed if the highest grade in the class is a c+. If you meant on exams, sure, it's like that everywhere...ive been in a few classes with exam averages in the 40s. They're always curved, so it isn't like everyone fails. They have to be and anyone who says otherwise is full of **** or just exaggerating how bad the prof is.

We all have hard classes, the ones who disregard what people tell you, and go in with a cool mind have a better time than people who are constantly worrying.
16okdA

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you all for your responses. I'll take the course no matter what, do my best and I'll get good grade..
The prof herself actually announced her grading on first day and that's what she said, not only students..
I went to her office after class and talked to her. She said she had one student got B last semester.
I didn't want to sound weak by posting this but I just wanted to know how bad will it effect my app if in case I don't get a good grade..
Thank you all :)