Please read and reply to this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshinesunny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sunny from pakistan and was born in year 80 last century so that makes me older than the average medical applicant. I have had tremendous social and family problems anyway. Till now i have done FSC and BBA with gpa 3.6. Right now i am doing mba. The problem with me is that i am terribally interested in electroincs engineering , medicine and business and want to build skills in all three of them. Please please inform me and help me devise a strategy to achieve all this that involves planning and not just blind hard work which has led me no where thus far.

Members don't see this ad.

I am sunny from pakistan and was born in year 80 last century so that makes me older than the average medical applicant. I have had tremendous social and family problems anyway. Till now i have done FSC and BBA with gpa 3.6. Right now i am doing mba. The problem with me is that i am terribally interested in electroincs engineering , medicine and business and want to build skills in all three of them. Please please inform me and help me devise a strategy to achieve all this that involves planning and not just blind hard work which has led me no where thus far.

I'm not too sure if I understand this correctly however I will assume that you are asking about a strategy on how to get into a US medical school. If so then:

(1) Nobody here will do the work for you and devise a strategy to achieve anything. This process is hard for all, and many do not make it despite doing very well in academics and non-academic work. However we all have to start somewhere, so I suggest going to www.aamc.org to check out one of their FAQs on applying. Searching these forums for key topics helps too.

(2) I'm assuming you want to get into a US medical school, therefore I would improve your english. I mean no disrespect, but it was very challenging to read your post, and this may hurt you come time to take the MCAT and if you get an interview.

(3) Your FSC and BBA degrees are unfamiliar to me, and I assume that these were not from a US college or university. Therefore you may have to go back to school and take courses in the United States. MBA courses count towards your graduate GPA, however do not full-fill pre-medical requirements.

(4) In regards to your interests in medicine, engineering and business...I can only say that biomedical engineering is a good profession, however that would require an undergrad engineering background in that field to be readily admitted into a graduate biomedical engineering program. Additionally, it may be time to figure out what you REALLY want to do since, many successful applicants have committed most of their young adult lives in showing their passion for medicine.

Have you volunteered in a hospital? Have you done research? Do you have publications for your research? Do you have community service? What have you done to make yourself a unique person. Some of my undergraduate students have thousands of hours of the above, in addition to publications, and helping people through out the world. So there are some amazing students out there who have clearly proven they are dedicated to the health-care profession. What have you done?

Many people have social and family problems, and the term "tremendous" is relative. I don't mean to discredit what you dealt with but there is always someone worse off. Its more important to dwell on the positives anyway. Ultimately, its more of an issue of what you CAN or CANNOT do rather than what you want or don't want to do. Anyone can say they like business, medicine, or engineering, but its a whole new world when you're actually there. I can certainly vouch for that thanks to my background in biomedical engineering, and my medical work as a PhD student. Its a totally different world compared to what I thought it would be when I started on this trek. Today I have entirely different reasons on wanting to be an MD/PhD, and sadly have seen many people who became utterly discouraged, disappointed, or outright crushed by the realities of the professions you speak of because they were naive. These are life changing decisions, so tread carefully:luck: .

Thanks for critically reviewing my post. I have great respect for your remarks and opinions. As for my english, I certainly will try and see to it that i am not in the casual chat mode when doing some serious discussions. Thanks for pointing out my language deficiences.

Well you are right that every one has his or her share of misfortune. In my case it was my family and people colluding to persecute me just because they were "jealous" of my abilities and head ways that i was making into my career single handedly with no help from the society. Its just that things have been very chaotic and crisis prone for me and stability has been lacking through out my life till now.

Anyways, you see pakisan is an ultogether a different place and a very divergent culture to what you are accustomed to in usa. Here people don't volunteer and generally such work is seen as a waste of time and not really appreciated by society. So in the light of where i am coming from I have not had any such inclinations or experience. Pakistan is a collectivism oriented society and individualism is not a norm here. I was very much a naturally unique person and people here used to say " he does not look and sound like local". So my value system in more in line with that of the west or america for that matter and thats probably one of the reasons why i have had to face such strong antagonsim and jealousy from family and folks alike.

As for my interest in business , electronics engineering and medicine, yes i am interetsed in all three of them and was really not sure which one to pursue first. I have studied management to my heart' content and now want to take on with electronics engineering and medicine.

you are quite right there in saying that its my responsibility to develop my own strategy about how to get there. Yes, I am doing just that by seeking advice from more knowledgeable people. So please enlighten me as to how in your opinion i can go about achieving my objective.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sunshinesunny: What excactly is your objective? You seem to still be at a stage where you are trying to figure things out and decide what you want to do. In that case, your objective really should be to gather information about your various professional interests and try to figure out which ones are a best bit for you and your circumstances.

Sunshinesunny: What excactly is your objective? You seem to still be at a stage where you are trying to figure things out and decide what you want to do. In that case, your objective really should be to gather information about your various professional interests and try to figure out which ones are a best bit for you and your circumstances.

Agreed. OP, you cannot get anywhere by dabbling, particularly in the fields you described. Figure out a target career, and then do what it takes to get there. Being interested in three fields is well and nice, but it is up to you to figure out where you are going with that. And medicine is always a bad choice of career if you haven't extensively researched first-hand, by observation, exactly what physicians do for a living, which is why the prior poster suggested volunteering in a hospital. That your country has different cultural norms doesn't really negate this fact, it just means you need to find a way to observe medicine first-hand some other way.

Agreed. OP, you cannot get anywhere by dabbling, particularly in the fields you described. Figure out a target career, and then do what it takes to get there. Being interested in three fields is well and nice, but it is up to you to figure out where you are going with that. And medicine is always a bad choice of career if you haven't extensively researched first-hand, by observation, exactly what physicians do for a living, which is why the prior poster suggested volunteering in a hospital. That your country has different cultural norms doesn't really negate this fact, it just means you need to find a way to observe medicine first-hand some other way.

We all have many interests in life and not all of them can be pursued as a career. In my case my three prime interests are business/managemnt, electronics and medicine. I am equally motivated and interested in all the three fields and see certain interelations between them though they may otherwise seem totally divergent subjects. I know there are such programs in USA like MD/MBA or Engineering/MBA. Why would schools offer such combine degree programs if there were no people interested in the two otherwise distinct fields.

We all have many interests in life and not all of them can be pursued as a career. In my case my three prime interests are business/managemnt, electronics and medicine. I am equally motivated and interested in all the three fields and see certain interelations between them though they may otherwise seem totally divergent subjects. I know there are such programs in USA like MD/MBA or Engineering/MBA. Why would schools offer such combine degree programs if there were no people interested in the two otherwise distinct fields.

Law2Doc wasn't saying that it is a bad idea to have interests in these fields. He was saying that you should KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING YOURSELF INTO.

I asked you the same thing, however not so eloquently as Law2Doc. To reiterate myself, have you volunteered in a hospital before, shadowed a physician, done research, done community service? Have you even done anything in engineering, or medicine to make the claim that you want to do it?

I'm not sure if this has to do with the language/cultural barrier here but you are apparently not reading what we are saying. You have not addressed any of our questions either which were designed to help understand your situation. The more I read this thread, the more it sounds like you are currently IN Pakistan. If this is the case, then it is really BEYOND what we can help you with given that med schools outside of North America are totally different.

If you are in the United States then your issue is clearly going to be overcoming issues which are intrinsic to your background such as language, education and understanding of the med school process. Clearly there is some miscommunication here between us in the forums and you, therefore this may be an issue when corresponding with med schools during the application process.

I have stated before, the issue here isn't about what YOU want to do. Its about what you have to offer which may make the road to accomplishing your objects more difficult, if not impossible. We are not here to serve solutions to you on a silver platter. At least Law2Doc and myself strive to be "realistic optimists" on the issue of med school admissions.

I agree with relentless' analysis above. I would suggest that things like medicine and engineering sort of do require being pursued with the intensity of a career to make much headway -- you can't just dabble and expect to get anywhere or more than scratch the surface of either discipline. At least in the states, we are talking about fairly intensive, expensive years of study in each field.

As for why school programs in the US have MD/MBA or other combos -- it is really up to the individual who pursues such combo to define why they want the combo. Schools don't provide much direction, although many of the MBA segments are geared toward healthcare administration. And in fact, many schools offer combinations that have even more questionable market utility (employer demand) eg MD/JD (where you have to basically convince prospective employers why the combo is important because there really isn't much demand for the combo outside of academics and government health policy, and recipeints will in most cases be using one degree or the other, rarely both.)

At any rate, pretty much everyone on this and the other premedical forum boards is seeking to pursue medicine as a career, not a passing interest. The Lounge on this board is probably a better place to discuss non-career/profession related interests in this topic. Good luck.

Law2Doc wasn't saying that it is a bad idea to have interests in these fields. He was saying that you should KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING YOURSELF INTO.

I asked you the same thing, however not so eloquently as Law2Doc. To reiterate myself, have you volunteered in a hospital before, shadowed a physician, done research, done community service? Have you even done anything in engineering, or medicine to make the claim that you want to do it?

I'm not sure if this has to do with the language/cultural barrier here but you are apparently not reading what we are saying. You have not addressed any of our questions either which were designed to help understand your situation. The more I read this thread, the more it sounds like you are currently IN Pakistan. If this is the case, then it is really BEYOND what we can help you with given that med schools outside of North America are totally different.

If you are in the United States then your issue is clearly going to be overcoming issues which are intrinsic to your background such as language, education and understanding of the med school process. Clearly there is some miscommunication here between us in the forums and you, therefore this may be an issue when corresponding with med schools during the application process.

I have stated before, the issue here isn't about what YOU want to do. Its about what you have to offer which may make the road to accomplishing your objects more difficult, if not impossible. We are not here to serve solutions to you on a silver platter. At least Law2Doc and myself strive to be "realistic optimists" on the issue of med school admissions.

Exactly :thumbup:

Dude, what exactly is it that you you want us to tell you? You keep saying that you have these interests. Fine, super, thats wonderfull. I have interests in ecology and systematics, motorcycling, and drinking beer in addition to medicine. If you want advice on how to improve your application or preparation for medical school, that we might be able to give advice about. If you want to know what career tracks are out there that incorporate all of your interests .... well, then your best bet is to do some googling and talk with some people in those particular areas. You can't just come on here and say " hey everyone, I am interested in all of this stuff and its great and wonderfull. What do you all think?" Do you have any specific questions here? Actually, do you even have any specific interests that you would like information about? "electronics" or "medicine" are such broad terms that it really doesn't tell us anything usefull about what you have in mind.

I have great regard and appreciation for your opinions and suggestions and thats precisely the reason why I am posting here on the forums.

It's true that I am in Pakistan and to be honest Pakistan is an altogether different world. Our system/culture does not give any credit to voluntary work and in no way does it improve upon ones chances of getting accepted to the med schools here who have one singular criterion of accepting students and that is high grades so students invariably resort to cramming and not even a single person will ever be denied med school admission on the basis of lack of voluntary work or such similar activities provided marks in fsc(12th grade) are high enough.

As for engineering i have been an armature engineer all my life. I mechanized my 10 feet dish TV antenna so that it would cover all the directions it was controlled by joy stick controller and had a web cam installed in it. Besides I made made a radio transceiver with the help of a technician when i was in 10th grade. Like I said my family was strangely jealous of my head ways that i was making into life so they were very mean to me and my life has been very chaotic because of that. I was practically made to suffer. So i took up business education, one of my three interests, because i needed to work right after my 12th grade. Now I am interested in pursing medicine and electronics.

Only American system allows such degrees as engineer/MD and MD/MBA plus you accept nontrads. So for me its all important to enter the Us educational system for i haven't seen the kind of diversity that you guys offer any where else in the world.

For me I will have to get permanent residence status plus college credits to satisfy the premed requirements. Since that might require going to undergrad college again for some thing like 2 years probably it will be better if I enter a combined engineering/MD program for at any rate i will have to go back to school to get the premed qualifactions

I have heard about some MD/PHD programs in bio med engineering but they require undergraduate work experience. Which I have not had the opportunity to attain in Pakistan (Research in non existent in Pakistan at undergrad level).

So I am looking for people genuinely interested in electronics and medicine and develop a working group to share the passion of learning and discovery together.

I have great regard and appreciation for your opinions and suggestions and thats precisely the reason why I am posting here on the forums.

It's true that I am in Pakistan and to be honest Pakistan is an altogether different world. Our system/culture does not give any credit to voluntary work and in no way does it improve upon ones chances of getting accepted to the med schools here who have one singular criterion of accepting students and that is high grades so students invariably resort to cramming and not even a single person will ever be denied med school admission on the basis of lack of voluntary work or such similar activities provided marks in fsc(12th grade) are high enough.

As for engineering i have been an armature engineer all my life. I mechanized my 10 feet dish TV antenna so that it would cover all the directions it was controlled by joy stick controller and had a web cam installed in it. Besides I made made a radio transceiver with the help of a technician when i was in 10th grade. Like I said my family was strangely jealous of my head ways that i was making into life so they were very mean to me and my life has been very chaotic because of that. I was practically made to suffer. So i took up business education, one of my three interests, because i needed to work right after my 12th grade. Now I am interested in pursing medicine and electronics.

Only American system allows such degrees as engineer/MD and MD/MBA plus you accept nontrads. So for me its all important to enter the Us educational system for i haven't seen the kind of diversity that you guys offer any where else in the world.

For me I will have to get permanent residence status plus college credits to satisfy the premed requirements. Since that might require going to undergrad college again for some thing like 2 years probably it will be better if I enter a combined engineering/MD program for at any rate i will have to go back to school to get the premed qualifactions

I have heard about some MD/PHD programs in bio med engineering but they require undergraduate work experience. Which I have not had the opportunity to attain in Pakistan (Research in non existent in Pakistan at undergrad level).

So I am looking for people genuinely interested in electronics and medicine and develop a working group to share the passion of learning and discovery together.

OK, so you enjoyed fiddling with TV dishes and joysticks and made a radio in highschool. MmmmmmmK. Is there anything about electronics that you are interested in that relates to medicine? What about medicine do you like? What experiences have you had with medicine that have led you to appreciate this field or has confirmed for you that this is a viable career option? If you are having this much trouble articulating your ideas for us (or getting us to understand them), then I strongly suggest that you not apply to medical school yet. You need to sort all of this out well in advance. Best of luck to you as your explore interests though.

Members don't see this ad :)
The way i see it medicine has three broad aspects

1-socio economic(business frame work)
2-professional clinical
3-technological

I want to approach the profession along these three dimensions. The professional clinical aspect is all the more important. I feel that economic and technological insights will enable me to further enrich my future medical career.

The way i see it medicine has three broad aspects

1-socio economic(business frame work)
2-professional clinical
3-technological

I want to approach the profession along dimensions though the professional clinical aspect is all the more important. I feel that economic and technological insights will enable me to further enrich my future medical career.

Ok, what you are saying is true. But to be honost, I think that it is a given that virtually any and all physicians must approach medicine with consideration of business, clinical, and technological perspectives. This is assumed for modern medicine and does not represent any unique approach. I think you might be surprised by just how much western medical training incorporates all of this even as fundamentals. For instance, you made a statement earlier that electronics has revolutionized medicine and can continue to do so. Well, most of us already involved in this process are probably thinking, "well, .... duh." It is kind of stating the obvious, just like stating that pharmaceuticals will be an important part of medicine, or genetics, or any number of other things that are a given now. As physicians, we will be expected to be competant in all of this just because that is the standard baseline. See what I mean? Now if you want to go even further and be on the innovation or research side of something in particular, then that is something worth talking about.

My pupose in posting on this forum is about getting the right information and suggestions about the process of applying to a med school. I am sure you all have interests besides medicine and you may choose to combine them with your med education or career or you may pursue them as separate interests. Many students major in fields like music and computer science because they have an interest in the field which they want to fulfil before they take on seriously with med studies. Similary electronics is an interest with me and I want to study it for its own sake I do not wish to go and work as an Engineer. The issue here is not my vision of an integration of medicine with electronics rather it is to see if it is possible for me to get into a med school. what further courses will I have to take to be eligible for MCAT and if my undergrad work requires some thing of the order of 2 to three years then I might as well spend some more time and get a degree in electronics or electrical engineering as the field is commonly called in USA

This is your original post:

As you can see, you asked everyone to help you devise a strategy to pursue training in electronics, business and medicine, as in "devise a strategy to achieve all of this". This is why everyone is trying to get you to elaborate on what you mean. Now you are saying that:

My purpose in posting on this forum is about getting the right information and suggestions about the process of applying to a med school

This is not the same thing. Certainly we can offer more insight about the latter than about the former. But this whole dialogue has been very confusing. Frankly, I am still not sure what you really want. I hope that you can articulate your intentions more clearly for the adcoms. Perhaps that would be a good place to start?

This is your original post:

As you can see, you asked everyone to help you devise a strategy to pursue training in electronics, business and medicine, as in "devise a strategy to achieve all of this". This is why everyone is trying to get you to elaborate on what you mean. Now you are saying that:

This is not the same thing. Certainly we can offer more insight about the latter than about the former. But this whole dialogue has been very confusing. Frankly, I am still not sure what you really want. I hope that you can articulate your intentions more clearly for the adcoms. Perhaps that would be a good place to start?

Leave the business and electronics bit out and focus mainly on medicine which by the way is topic of interest for us all. How do i proceed towards my medical school admission with my international student status with background in business admin. Whats the way forward . What are the most pertinent issues . Is it at all possible for an international student to get admitted to a US med school. What about financing the costly med education.Is it compartively easier for international students to take the MD/PHD path then to go for a regular MD provided genuine research aptitude and desire is there

Leave the business and electronics bit out and focus mainly on medicine which by the way is topic of interest for us all. How do i proceed towards my medical school admission with my international student status with background in business admin.

Make sure that you have or will take the necessary course prerequisits for American med school admissions (Bio, Chem, Phys, Orgo, etc...).

Read the AMCAS website for a discussion of the application process

Whats the way forward .

Finish your degree(s) if you have not already. Complete all prerequisits. Secure letters of recommendation. Register for, study for, and take the MCAT. Compose your personal statement and complete your AMCAS application. Submit all transcripts and supporting materials as needed. Select schools/programs to which you want to apply and submit AMCAS. Fill out secondaries and pay more fees. Hopefully get some interviews.

What are the most pertinent issues.

Completing prerequisits. Demonstrating language competency. Finding schools/programs that are more inclusive of international applicants. Doing well on the MCAT. Remediating a deficiency of volunteer, clinical exposure, and community service activities. Making a convincing argument for motivation and competancy for medical training and practice.

Is it at all possible for an international student to get admitted to a US med school.

Yes.

What about financing the costly med education.

It's a huge problem for all of us. Just take one step at a time.

Is it compartively easier for international students to take the MD/PHD path then to go for a regular MD provided genuine research aptitude and desire is there

MD/PhD path is more competitive and difficult even for US residents. So I can only assume that this would be the more challenging path for international students as well.

Do you know what is the easiest route to greatness is?

One step at a time....

You are trying to achieve something that... it doesn't seem like you have true passion for either. Medicine and electric engineering is like comparing apples with oranges. And I feel that your trying your hardest to show people that you are great and you are this "super educated person whos smarter than all", but Honestly, you need to dig down deep inside and find your passion FOR ONE THING and focus on it as hard as you can.

If engineering is your TRUE passion, then by all means, go into that.
If medicine is your passion, go into that.
But don't mix the two together.

Now if your looking for alternatives that, might combine the two together, you can look also into Biomedical engineering (this is the newest field in the computer science + engineering + medical field) and it will bloom in the next 10 years or less.

It would be good if someone international like ScottishChap could give you some input. But I would say that the first place you need to start is by coming to the US and going to college here. You may need to get an entire BS, because a lot of American med schools want you to have an American undergraduate degree (or at least a few years of coursework taken in the US). If you want to study electric engineering, you can. Go to a university that offers engineering and major in electrical engineering at the UG level. Take the pre-reqs for med school while you're at it. Then you'd take the MCAT and apply as a foreign student. There are a limited number of American medical schools that take foreign students, but it's definitely possible to go to med school here as an international student if your grades and MCAT are competitive for the top American schools. Do you know whether you can get a visa and move to the US? Have you looked into what it would take to even do that much? If you can't come here to the States, all of the rest of this is moot.

As for your situation in Pakistan, I am sorry that your family ostracized you. But unless you were being persecuted by the government and you can document that, I don't think that your family troubles will get you any special consideration. Lots of Americans don't get along with their families, either.

Do you know what is the easiest route to greatness is?

One step at a time....

Agree strongly with this. OP -- your first step toward med school is to obtain the prerequisites for medical school. You are unlikely to vault past the need for these by getting into some combined engineering/MD or PhD/MD path. Once you have all the prereqs, then you can actually start looking at MD and maybe even certain combined degree options.

But you are going to have to get some kind of clinical exposure, notwithstanding whatever cultural issues your country has. No school is going to say, you don't have to have clinical experience because Pakistan doesn't do volunteering. So while you are doing your prerequisites, you will also perhaps need to find a way to work in a hospital or with a doctor.

Financing med school is hugely expensive for foreign students, and there isn't going to be an easy answer to this -- perhaps inquire on some of the international boards regarding sources of income you can tap into/ borrow. Good luck.

Assuming the OP is looking into getting into a US med school, it must be noted that most if not all US med schools require you to be some kind of permanent resident. As Q pointed out, it appears that the OP will have to earn a bachelors degree in the US as well and that would require some kind of visa.

I by no means am an expert on this but last I heard it was more difficult to do such things in the US in the post 9-11 world regardless of where you are from. Which comes back to what everyone has stated before....has the OP thoroughly thought this through yet? Of course if the OP is talking about med school in Pakistan, then...thats beyond my knowledge.

Therefore....the OP, if he/she wants to go to med school here would first have to figure out how to get into the US, and finance their education. Which in its own right, is a VERY challenging thing to do given that US citizens have a hard time financing their education.

sunshinesunny, just curious if you actually comprehend our posts, since you have asked the same questions and received the same responses in a thread YOU started in November 2006. Nothing has changed since then, in fact getting into med school now is probably even harder as it gets harder every year.

Anyway, I'm washing my hands of this thread because quite frankly, as the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

It would be good if someone international like ScottishChap could give you some input. But I would say that the first place you need to start is by coming to the US and going to college here. You may need to get an entire BS, because a lot of American med schools want you to have an American undergraduate degree (or at least a few years of coursework taken in the US). If you want to study electric engineering, you can. Go to a university that offers engineering and major in electrical engineering at the UG level. Take the pre-reqs for med school while you're at it. Then you'd take the MCAT and apply as a foreign student. There are a limited number of American medical schools that take foreign students, but it's definitely possible to go to med school here as an international student if your grades and MCAT are competitive for the top American schools. Do you know whether you can get a visa and move to the US? Have you looked into what it would take to even do that much? If you can't come here to the States, all of the rest of this is moot.

As for your situation in Pakistan, I am sorry that your family ostracized you. But unless you were being persecuted by the government and you can document that, I don't think that your family troubles will get you any special consideration. Lots of Americans don't get along with their families, either.

The odds agianst me are enormous. My only strength is to work hard and get good grades and thats what i have been counting on. The harder issues are dealing with finances and applying as an international student.

I don't know the ful extent of my social problems but it definitely seems like that family and society are antagonsing me and I am pretty much caught between the two. It may be that many people are involved in all this and some government officials may be involved as well since, During my fsc I was targeted by the society and family alike and they made me to suffer and did not even allowed me any dencent medical attention. My primary motivation to try and see if I can go on a medical path is to become a good physican and also contribute to the research side of the field.

The odds agianst me are enormous. My only strength is to work hard and get good grades and thats what i have been counting on. The harder issues are dealing with finances and applying as an international student.

I don't know the ful extent of my social problems but it definitely seems like that family and society are antagonsing me and I am pretty much caught between the two. It may be that many people are involved in all this and some government officials may be involved as well since, During my fsc I was targeted by the society and family alike and they made me to suffer and did not even allowed me any dencent medical attention. My primary motivation to try and see if I can go on a medical path is to become a good physican and also contribute to the research side of the field.

Dude, your posts just keep getting stranger. Now you are saying that the goverment and society as a whole is involved in some conspiracy to antagonize you? To prevent you from getting medical attention? Or to restrict your progress towards medical school? And in previous posts you said something to the effect that your family was "strangely jealous of your head" and were mean to you after you helped to build a radio. And that you were an amatuer electrical engineer because you installed a TV dish and connected it to a joystick. I have to tell ya brother, I hope something is getting lost in translation here because otherwise it seems like maybe you came off of your meds prematurely? I like to think of myself as someone that tries to be helpfull on here, but now I just keep looking for the candid camera.

I would love to read your personal statement when you compose it. I am willing to bet that it will certainly be, well, "unique". I am sorry if you are really having a tough time, but it has become clear that there is nothing that we can really offer you here. You have already received very clear and direct advise about med school admission, and other things as well. And yet you don't seem to be getting any where. It sounds like you have your own demons and inner "stuff" that you have to get a hold of and figure out. Even still, I somehow keep getting drawn back to this thread, I guess because the whole exchange has seemed so odd.

Regarding a combined interest in electronic engineering, medicine, and business, I'm suprised everyone overlooked the obvious solution.

Create and rent out your own cyborg army!!!

With the number of armed conflicts in the world, the financial potential is limitless. The medical and engineering problems involved in replacing a human arm with a large-caliber machine gun would provide intense challenges.

This may be the way to go.

This thread should be closed...

Dude, your posts just keep getting stranger. Now you are saying that the goverment and society as a whole is involved in some conspiracy to antagonize you? To prevent you from getting medical attention? Or to restrict your progress towards medical school? And in previous posts you said something to the effect that your family was "strangely jealous of your head" and were mean to you after you helped to build a radio. And that you were an amatuer electrical engineer because you installed a TV dish and connected it to a joystick. I have to tell ya brother, I hope something is getting lost in translation here because otherwise it seems like maybe you came off of your meds prematurely? I like to think of myself as someone that tries to be helpfull on here, but now I just keep looking for the candid camera.

I would love to read your personal statement when you compose it. I am willing to bet that it will certainly be, well, "unique". I am sorry if you are really having a tough time, but it has become clear that there is nothing that we can really offer you here. You have already received very clear and direct advise about med school admission, and other things as well. And yet you don't seem to be getting any where. It sounds like you have your own demons and inner "stuff" that you have to get a hold of and figure out. Even still, I somehow keep getting drawn back to this thread, I guess because the whole exchange has seemed so odd.

I like that his satellite dish has a webcam so that he can see if birds land on it and shoo them away with the robotic arm he built.

(note: I use the pronoun "he" to respectfully distance the female gender from sunshinesunny's particular brand of nutty)

wait wait wait... before you close it I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK !!!!!

Is there porn in Pakistan?

OP

Judging from other posts in other threads, some things come to mind:

1. You are desperately trying to get out of Pakistan at whatever cost: electrical engineering, medicine, psychology, massage therapy.......

and/or

2. You don't know what you want to do with your life.

At any rate, if you are serious about becoming a physician from a medical school in the USA, maybe you should find a fellow Paki and discuss with them how they did it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and bluntly tell you your chances here are about .1% here. Outside of the fact that you don't have a US degree and no residency or other visa, you are competing with 1. state schools - no chance there and 2. private schools - slim chance because of exceptional competition.

I'm sure there are roundabout ways to get here and go to med school, but it would take years upon years to do that. I recommend looking into Caribbean or European/Australia-NZ med school and then getting a residency here.

Sorry to be so harsh but it's hard enough for a full citizen to get in.

Why -- you don't think 3 careers is enough for him?:laugh:
LMFAO. I don't know, the cyborg army idea sounds better to me. :idea:

Ok, I think this thread has run its course and been sufficiently hijacked. I'm going to go ahead and close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.