Pls Help : Compressor connectivity to Handpiece

Started by sun3730
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sun3730

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😕 Hi there
I have to practice at home for practicals.
I am thinking of buying a compressor from Home Depot as suggested by few.
I wonder how easy/difficult it is to connect to the handpiece. Where should I get the connectors and couplers and what specifics should I be careful about?

Many thanks in advance.
 
I'm also planning to apply for Dental schools in California, they all require practicals. Is it a good idea to buy compressor and where to buy them.

Your help will be really appriciated,
 
sun3730 said:
😕 Hi there
I have to practice at home for practicals.
I am thinking of buying a compressor from Home Depot as suggested by few.
I wonder how easy/difficult it is to connect to the handpiece. Where should I get the connectors and couplers and what specifics should I be careful about?

Many thanks in advance.
YOU NEED A DELIVERY UNIT TO CONNECT HANDPIECE TO COMPRESSOR WHICH YOU CAN BUY ON EBAY. THAT UNIT CONTAINS FOOT CONTROL ALSO.GOOD LUCK .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pokwadent said:
YOU NEED A DELIVERY UNIT TO CONNECT HANDPIECE TO COMPRESSOR WHICH YOU CAN BUY ON EBAY. THAT UNIT CONTAINS FOOT CONTROL ALSO.GOOD LUCK .


Thanks a lot
Sun3730
 
hi
u may buy it fro u'r local dental suppliers like pattersons,sinclair they might have some used ones.u need a coupler for the handpiece a foot control and a connector to compressor and hoses.but if u can it fixed by some technician.
good luck
gag
 
gag said:
hi
u may buy it fro u'r local dental suppliers like pattersons,sinclair they might have some used ones.u need a coupler for the handpiece a foot control and a connector to compressor and hoses.but if u can it fixed by some technician.
good luck
gag


Thanks a lot gag.
Your previusposts were also very helpful.
I just have one query---Is rubber dam application a part of PLA foe UWO.
Thanks once again.
 
hey sun
i never took wo's exam but few of my classmates went there. i can ask them.but i'm sure ubc requires that to be done and the time they give for the rubber dam is 10 minutes.
good luck
gag
 
hi , any body interested in buying the compressor . I have a utech silent compressor with foot control with a attachment for 4- hole handpiece.
PM me whoever is interested.
Thanks,


gag said:
hey sun
i never took wo's exam but few of my classmates went there. i can ask them.but i'm sure ubc requires that to be done and the time they give for the rubber dam is 10 minutes.
good luck
gag
 
Hi: This is an old post but I am in the same situation right now, so I am looking for some help from those of you who have been practicing for dexterity test....
My husband has a compressor (I don't know if it is oil free or not), how do I connect a handpiece and foot control to it? What kind of attachments do I need? Do I really need a delivery unit? I looked on the internet and they are quite expensive...
I would appreciate any input on this matter....
 
Where are you located? I have a control box with 2 hand piece attachments for high speed and slow speed, an air/water syringe and a foo control. Its not very fancy but it works great. I too have used it with a home depot compressor.
let me know if you are interested in buying it.
 
hi , any body interested in buying the compressor . I have a utech silent compressor with foot control with a attachment for 4- hole handpiece.
PM me whoever is interested.
Thanks,

I am interested in buying please let me know if u still have