sun3730

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
:confused: Hi there
I have to practice at home for practicals.
I am thinking of buying a compressor from Home Depot as suggested by few.
I wonder how easy/difficult it is to connect to the handpiece. Where should I get the connectors and couplers and what specifics should I be careful about?

Many thanks in advance.

kichamani

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'm also planning to apply for Dental schools in California, they all require practicals. Is it a good idea to buy compressor and where to buy them.

Your help will be really appriciated,

pokwadent

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
philadelphia
Status (Visible)
sun3730 said:
:confused: Hi there
I have to practice at home for practicals.
I am thinking of buying a compressor from Home Depot as suggested by few.
I wonder how easy/difficult it is to connect to the handpiece. Where should I get the connectors and couplers and what specifics should I be careful about?

Many thanks in advance.
YOU NEED A DELIVERY UNIT TO CONNECT HANDPIECE TO COMPRESSOR WHICH YOU CAN BUY ON EBAY. THAT UNIT CONTAINS FOOT CONTROL ALSO.GOOD LUCK .

About the Ads

sun3730

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
pokwadent said:
YOU NEED A DELIVERY UNIT TO CONNECT HANDPIECE TO COMPRESSOR WHICH YOU CAN BUY ON EBAY. THAT UNIT CONTAINS FOOT CONTROL ALSO.GOOD LUCK .

Thanks a lot
Sun3730

gag

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi
u may buy it fro u'r local dental suppliers like pattersons,sinclair they might have some used ones.u need a coupler for the handpiece a foot control and a connector to compressor and hoses.but if u can it fixed by some technician.
good luck
gag

sun3730

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
gag said:
hi
u may buy it fro u'r local dental suppliers like pattersons,sinclair they might have some used ones.u need a coupler for the handpiece a foot control and a connector to compressor and hoses.but if u can it fixed by some technician.
good luck
gag

Thanks a lot gag.
Your previusposts were also very helpful.
I just have one query---Is rubber dam application a part of PLA foe UWO.
Thanks once again.

gag

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
hey sun
i never took wo's exam but few of my classmates went there. i can ask them.but i'm sure ubc requires that to be done and the time they give for the rubber dam is 10 minutes.
good luck
gag

Sangmitr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Columbia University
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
hi , any body interested in buying the compressor . I have a utech silent compressor with foot control with a attachment for 4- hole handpiece.
PM me whoever is interested.
Thanks,

gag said:
hey sun
i never took wo's exam but few of my classmates went there. i can ask them.but i'm sure ubc requires that to be done and the time they give for the rubber dam is 10 minutes.
good luck
gag

elto

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi: This is an old post but I am in the same situation right now, so I am looking for some help from those of you who have been practicing for dexterity test....
My husband has a compressor (I don't know if it is oil free or not), how do I connect a handpiece and foot control to it? What kind of attachments do I need? Do I really need a delivery unit? I looked on the internet and they are quite expensive...
I would appreciate any input on this matter....

drpdm

10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Where are you located? I have a control box with 2 hand piece attachments for high speed and slow speed, an air/water syringe and a foo control. Its not very fancy but it works great. I too have used it with a home depot compressor.
let me know if you are interested in buying it.

neelima battina

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
Status (Visible)
hi , any body interested in buying the compressor . I have a utech silent compressor with foot control with a attachment for 4- hole handpiece.
PM me whoever is interested.
Thanks,

I am interested in buying please let me know if u still have

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.