Pls Help : Compressor connectivity to Handpiece

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sun3730

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: Hi there
I have to practice at home for practicals.
I am thinking of buying a compressor from Home Depot as suggested by few.
I wonder how easy/difficult it is to connect to the handpiece. Where should I get the connectors and couplers and what specifics should I be careful about?

Many thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also planning to apply for Dental schools in California, they all require practicals. Is it a good idea to buy compressor and where to buy them.

Your help will be really appriciated,

sun3730 said:
:confused: Hi there
I have to practice at home for practicals.
I am thinking of buying a compressor from Home Depot as suggested by few.
I wonder how easy/difficult it is to connect to the handpiece. Where should I get the connectors and couplers and what specifics should I be careful about?

Many thanks in advance.
YOU NEED A DELIVERY UNIT TO CONNECT HANDPIECE TO COMPRESSOR WHICH YOU CAN BUY ON EBAY. THAT UNIT CONTAINS FOOT CONTROL ALSO.GOOD LUCK .

Members don't see this ad :)
pokwadent said:
YOU NEED A DELIVERY UNIT TO CONNECT HANDPIECE TO COMPRESSOR WHICH YOU CAN BUY ON EBAY. THAT UNIT CONTAINS FOOT CONTROL ALSO.GOOD LUCK .

Thanks a lot
Sun3730

hi
u may buy it fro u'r local dental suppliers like pattersons,sinclair they might have some used ones.u need a coupler for the handpiece a foot control and a connector to compressor and hoses.but if u can it fixed by some technician.
good luck
gag

gag said:
hi
u may buy it fro u'r local dental suppliers like pattersons,sinclair they might have some used ones.u need a coupler for the handpiece a foot control and a connector to compressor and hoses.but if u can it fixed by some technician.
good luck
gag

Thanks a lot gag.
Your previusposts were also very helpful.
I just have one query---Is rubber dam application a part of PLA foe UWO.
Thanks once again.

hey sun
i never took wo's exam but few of my classmates went there. i can ask them.but i'm sure ubc requires that to be done and the time they give for the rubber dam is 10 minutes.
good luck
gag

hi , any body interested in buying the compressor . I have a utech silent compressor with foot control with a attachment for 4- hole handpiece.
PM me whoever is interested.
Thanks,

gag said:
hey sun
i never took wo's exam but few of my classmates went there. i can ask them.but i'm sure ubc requires that to be done and the time they give for the rubber dam is 10 minutes.
good luck
gag

Hi: This is an old post but I am in the same situation right now, so I am looking for some help from those of you who have been practicing for dexterity test....
My husband has a compressor (I don't know if it is oil free or not), how do I connect a handpiece and foot control to it? What kind of attachments do I need? Do I really need a delivery unit? I looked on the internet and they are quite expensive...
I would appreciate any input on this matter....

Where are you located? I have a control box with 2 hand piece attachments for high speed and slow speed, an air/water syringe and a foo control. Its not very fancy but it works great. I too have used it with a home depot compressor.
let me know if you are interested in buying it.

hi , any body interested in buying the compressor . I have a utech silent compressor with foot control with a attachment for 4- hole handpiece.
PM me whoever is interested.
Thanks,

I am interested in buying please let me know if u still have