Pocket Cards for Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pestanas

Attending Anesthesiologist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing a post a while back about pocket cards for anesthesia that where only available from a private seller....I think he said he made them out of his own home??? I tried doing a search of old posts but couldn't find anything..... can anyone help me find these cards??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

that was it......thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
both these cards r amazing. I think pocket cards in general are the wave of the future. More and more dept. are cracking down on anesthesiologists and crnas taking bags to the OR. These cards r good bec. all the info is condensed into something that can fit into ur scrub pocket and if something spills on them (medicine, body fluid) it won't ruin them because they r stain free. I HIGHLY recommend everyone to invest in these. :D

both these cards r amazing. I think pocket cards in general are the wave of the future. More and more dept. are cracking down on anesthesiologists and crnas taking bags to the OR. These cards r good bec. all the info is condensed into something that can fit into ur scrub pocket and if something spills on them (medicine, body fluid) it won't ruin them because they r stain free. I HIGHLY recommend everyone to invest in these. :D

There is an iphone app with much of this information too

they're only $14.95, and they have info on front and back so its like 6 pages, so i guess that like $2 and change per page. i think its worth it bec the info is dense, but that's just my opinion. i don't price them

on another note, if ur looking for cheaper, there's the Regional anesthesia card set which is by some other group and i think they're cheaper, but i cant speak to the quality of the material, but it looks useful.

http://www.amazon.com/Regional-Anes...2594/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314475984&sr=8-1

$14.95 was not the price quoted by amazon when I first clicked the link. It seems to be changing periodically since the cards are sold by third-party retailers. I agree that $14.95 is a decent.

ur right, i went on amazon and noticed its $24.95. I agree the price is a bit much, but once u see the card, ull understand y its TOTALLY worth it. I thought about the apps, but my school just started a policy where we can't take iphones/ipads/laptops to the OR so pulling up any app is hard. the thing i like about these cards is that u can just splay them on the patient as ur doing the block, no hassles about getting ur iphone wet or damaged, or pissing off some PD that u violated a rule.

One other note, regardless of what u pay for the anesthesia card (which is totally worth it in my opinion), check out the Regional Anesthesia Pocket Guide. I beleive its a lot cheaper ($10.95) and is a tremendous help! i shopped for it online, and i think amazon.com is the only place to find it.

Anyone else have thoughts on these cards???:confused:

ur right, i went on amazon and noticed its $24.95. I agree the price is a bit much, but once u see the card, ull understand y its TOTALLY worth it. I thought about the apps, but my school just started a policy where we can't take iphones/ipads/laptops to the OR so pulling up any app is hard. the thing i like about these cards is that u can just splay them on the patient as ur doing the block, no hassles about getting ur iphone wet or damaged, or pissing off some PD that u violated a rule.

One other note, regardless of what u pay for the anesthesia card (which is totally worth it in my opinion), check out the Regional Anesthesia Pocket Guide. I beleive its a lot cheaper ($10.95) and is a tremendous help! i shopped for it online, and i think amazon.com is the only place to find it.

Anyone else have thoughts on these cards???:confused:

Not at all worth it. You could put all the useful info on a notecard in 10 minutes at no cost.
They'd be worth the 10 cent cost to print it out and maybe some change for someone's trouble arranging the information.
There's no secret information on there.
I surprised an equivalent sheet isn't available to print for free.

you may be right, but not everyone knows which tables to print, especially if ur in training. consider baby miller, there's multiple tables on all 250 pgs. r u going to put all of them in your pocket card? what im trying to say is that there r hundreds of anesthesia books, but essentially all contain info that can b found somewhere in barash or big miller, so y do people buy these other books like anesthesia secrets, pocket anesthesia, MGH pocket anesthesia, anesth and co-existing?

I think its bec each other presents it in a different format. the authors of these pocket cards have distilled what THEY felt was the most importnat info for everyone into a small pocketcard. Many people may find their format useful while others find it unhelpful, but it is worth considering.

Again, anyone can make and laminate tables, but ur paying for someone else to use their expertise and do it for u in a way that u may find helpful. if u want to do ur own, be my guest. I know i wouldn't know how to organize it, so i bought both and enjoy using them and making money billing for the blocks i do instead of sitting and drawing out the diagrams and everything myself.

you may be right, but not everyone knows which tables to print, especially if ur in training. consider baby miller, there's multiple tables on all 250 pgs. r u going to put all of them in your pocket card? what im trying to say is that there r hundreds of anesthesia books, but essentially all contain info that can b found somewhere in barash or big miller, so y do people buy these other books like anesthesia secrets, pocket anesthesia, MGH pocket anesthesia, anesth and co-existing?

I think its bec each other presents it in a different format. the authors of these pocket cards have distilled what THEY felt was the most importnat info for everyone into a small pocketcard. Many people may find their format useful while others find it unhelpful, but it is worth considering.

Again, anyone can make and laminate tables, but ur paying for someone else to use their expertise and do it for u in a way that u may find helpful. if u want to do ur own, be my guest. I know i wouldn't know how to organize it, so i bought both and enjoy using them and making money billing for the blocks i do instead of sitting and drawing out the diagrams and everything myself.

I think you have a financial or personal interest in promoting the sale of these cards.

The acls stuff is available for free. The infusion rates of pressors and hemodynamic formulas can be gathered easily and quickly. Everything else you probably already know if you are at least a resident in anesthesiology.

For the record, I like the card fine. I just think the price is ridiculous for something so simple to produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.