POD School Safety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

natoush

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at my options for POD school, since I have a high chance of living alone. What schools are the safest and what schools are the most dangerous?

I'm mainly looking at Temple. But I am also looking at Barry, CSPM, Kent State, and Scholl.

Members don't see this ad.

Kent State is in the nicest area, in my opinion, granted I only visited NYCPM, Temple, and Kent. Kent is one of the only schools not in the middle of the slums on your list(Idk where scholl is in Chicago).

Kent>Barry~Temple

-Concealed Carry is easy to obtain.
-No 1 year waiting period for handgun licenses...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
my girlfriend and I have these same concerns about safety, as we are both very small in stature. I have two trained protection dogs and a concealed (open carry in Texas/Oklahoma) license, so a bad guy is either gonna catch some lead or two mouthfulls of dog teeth if they mess with us.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my girlfriend and I have these same concerns about safety, as we are both very small in stature. I have two trained protection dogs and a concealed (open carry in Texas/Oklahoma) license, so a bad guy is either gonna catch some lead or two mouthfulls of dog teeth if they mess with us.
**** hommie, I have a Chihuahua and that little **** is so annoying not one will want to break in.

Reactions: 4 users

^^^ plenty of lols were had from this post!

Reactions: 2 users
I've got 2 cats and a bicycle.

Does that count?

In all honesty, I regret not getting a CHL here in Texas. Still on my bucket list of things to do before I die.
You would've liked the Western campus @Nowehjose . Armed guards on rotating shift with semi-automatics. It was great.

Reactions: 2 users
Scholl is 45 minutes North of Chicago and is in suburbia. There are some amazing houses around and 100 yards behind the school is a Naval base. Won't get much safer than that.

Temple is in a fairly decent part of town compared to the actual university. Only a few blocks from the liberty bell and independence halls.

Kent was in a business district with lots of hotels and large companies around. Clean area with no bad parts really besides East Cleveland.

Reactions: 1 users
CSPM school itself is in the middle of the city and pretty safe.

Went for a jog near Lake Merritt area around 10pm and its still safe. Walking through the neighborhoods that late is a bit sketch.

Stick to West Oakland. Be street smart and have some common sense. Do stupid things you will win stupid prizes

Barry isn't located in the best area, but you will be driving there so it's fine. Most of the areas students choose to live in are safe/populated.

Can't speak for temple but Barry the 'unsafe' neighborhood narrative is one i just don't get. The worst parts of Miami are West of 95.
The immediate area surrounding Barry is predominantly non white and not affluent, but that doesn't make it 'bad'. Go to South Orange Ave. in Newark or Gun Hill rd. in the Bronx and tell me where you'd rather be alone at midnight.

Side note, concealed carry is v. easy to obtain in FL, especially if you're already licensed in another state, HOWEVER- concealed/open carry,von any college campus is prohibited, and that's a federal law. So you have to leave it in the vehicle. Won't help ya much anyway.

Can't speak for temple but Barry the 'unsafe' neighborhood narrative is one i just don't get. The worst parts of Miami are West of 95.

Side note, concealed carry is v. easy to obtain in FL, especially if you're already licensed in another state, HOWEVER- concealed/open carry,von any college campus is prohibited, and that's a federal law. So you have to leave it in the vehicle. Won't help ya much anyway.

Come to Texas ;)

Reactions: 1 users