podiatry and MD/DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kraxup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of people on here try and stear others away from podiatry but at the hospital where I work we have over 75 surgeons and they say the same crap. They say you must be nutts to want to be a doctor or if I had to do it over again I would choose a different path. SO the best thing to do is do what you believe is right for you.

Members don't see this ad.

kraxup said:
A lot of people on here try and stear others away from podiatry but at the hospital where I work we have over 75 surgeons and they say the same crap. They say you must be nutts to want to be a doctor or if I had to do it over again I would choose a different path. SO the best thing to do is do what you believe is right for you.

Exactly don't let the letters after you name dictate your life, your opinion of yourself, or your opinion of others.

kraxup said:

Medicine isn't what it used to be. Most of them probably come from the time before medicare/medicaid headaches, insurance companies, malpractice lawsuits, etc. Things used to be so simple!

Members don't see this ad :)
jonwill said:
Medicine isn't what it used to be. Most of them probably come from the time before medicare/medicaid headaches, insurance companies, malpractice lawsuits, etc. Things used to be so simple!

People that learn to work with the HMO's can still make it in the medical field

kraxup said:
People that learn to work with the HMO's can still make it in the medical field

Heh, that was a joke right?

kraxup said:

I don't think that there is any representative population on this forum that is trying to steer everyone away from podiatry in general. I don't know where that came from.

Having stated that, I would like to admit that I would gingerly like to steer away the poorer qualified students (aka under 3.2 gpa and below 22 MCAT or any score on the DAT, GRE etc) from the profession because this is my profession too and I would like it to maintain some form of academic standards.

whiskers said:
I don't think that there is any representative population on this forum that is trying to steer everyone away from podiatry in general. I don't know where that came from.

Having stated that, I would like to admit that I would gingerly like to steer away the poorer qualified students (aka under 3.2 gpa and below 22 MCAT or any score on the DAT, GRE etc) from the profession because this is my profession too and I would like it to maintain some form of academic standards.

I think this might be one of Wisker's first posts that does not mention old test questions and is coherent :laugh:

krabmas said:
I think this might be one of Wisker's first posts that does not mention old test questions and is coherent :laugh:

I think its the first post that Whiskers hints to having pride in his chosen field.

A lot of people on here try and stear others away from podiatry but at the hospital where I work we have over 75 surgeons and they say the same crap. They say you must be nutts to want to be a doctor or if I had to do it over again I would choose a different path.

I have met dozens of doctors whom when they hear I want to go to podiatry school say something along the lines of "if i were doing it over again i would chose podiatry or if you were my son i would definitly steer you towards podiatry."

I say this because it goes to show that podiatry is on the rise and people are really starting to realize how great it is.

Like the old saying goes "find a job that you will love and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Dmayor22 said:
I have met dozens of doctors whom when they hear I want to go to podiatry school say something along the lines of "if i were doing it over again i would chose podiatry or if you were my son i would definitly steer you towards podiatry."

I say this because it goes to show that podiatry is on the rise and people are really starting to realize how great it is.

Like the old saying goes "find a job that you will love and you will never have to work a day in your life."
Dmayor, this is a good post. I agree that if pods weren't on the rise, MD/DO's wouldn't feel so threatened and have to come on here ready to combat with pod students. Any profession, especially in it's early growth stages, will be ridiculed by the established vanguard til it proves itself over a number of decades. I still say, look at how MD's were so threatened by DO's as recently as the 60's and 70's -- as case in point evidencing this.

I love Podiatry!! I can't wait till I start school in August. It's a great Profession, but not a lot of people really understand Podiatry as a career. Plus people try and stear people away from things they don't understand or like, so it's kinda biased. ;)