Podiatry Hall of Shame

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PodiatryHOS

Reaction score
Hi everyone this thread - The Podiatry Hall of Shame - is dedicated to calling out employers in the field who take advantage of younger associates. This should be used to educate docs on jobs that they should consider avoiding. Feel free to send me a DM message if you do not want to post with your account. Eventually this will be used to create a sharable web document. Looking for specifics. Not just stay away from a practice managed by owner's wife.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone this thread - The Podiatry Hall of Shame - is dedicated to calling out employers in the field who take advantage of younger associates. This should be used to educate docs on jobs that they should consider avoiding. Feel free to send me a DM message if you do not want to post with your account. Eventually this will be used to create a sharable web document. Looking for specifics. Not just stay away from a practice managed by owner's wife.
Obviously this is needed, but pretty sure this will violate TOS and no way allowed to proceed. Maybe we can identify people based on their mustache pattern?

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, a new account making a thread to bash employers will get locked or tossed, as it should.

For any job seekers, always talk to current and past DPMs working for the doc/group/hospital (and MDs, if applicable).
If they don't want to talk or they are negative or say compensation was withheld or changed... or if the employer won't "allow" it that you talk to them, there is your answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is like randomly tossing out names without any proof and people can’t defend themselves. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with above. I have nothing else to add but this:

1705542500583.gif

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I agree. If practicing podiatry/residency/being a student has taught me one thing, it’s that one persons experience is generally different from another persons experience when it comes to working with or for someone.

Some people are true jerks as employers but I’m not a huge fan of one sided information. There’s a lot of stupid and unrealistic associates out there too. Perhaps more than predatory mustaschios.

I agree. If practicing podiatry/residency/being a student has taught me one thing, it’s that one persons experience is generally different from another persons experience when it comes to working with or for someone.

Some people are true jerks as employers but I’m not a huge fan of one sided information. There’s a lot of stupid and unrealistic associates out there too. Perhaps more than predatory mustaschios.
Number of DPM grads ballooning every year
+ pod school tuitions rising constantly
+ fellowships becoming a play for job options
+ more and more hospitals and MSGs who might want (or be talked into) a DPM having one by now
+ over 600 surgical podiatry grads replacing ~300 largely minimal/no surgery retiring podiatrists annually

...If we think the ROI or the job market's bad for podiatry now, just wait 10 or 20 years.
Same as pharmacy: many of the "bad jobs" became fairly good jobs as the years went by and more schools opened up. Many of the common jobs saw salary shrink, hours get longer for same/less money, benefits decreased, etc.

• Sad
Just look at the website history of any practice and if they recycle associates yearly then you know the typical garbage mills.

But for real though, stay away from a practice managed by owner’s wife.

Number of DPM grads ballooning every year
+ pod school tuitions rising constantly
+ fellowships becoming a play for job options
+ more and more hospitals and MSGs who might want (or be talked into) a DPM having one by now
+ over 600 surgical podiatry grads replacing ~300 largely minimal/no surgery retiring podiatrists annually

...If we think the ROI or the job market's bad for podiatry now, just wait 10 or 20 years.
Same as pharmacy: many of the "bad jobs" became fairly good jobs as the years went by and more schools opened up. Many of the common jobs saw salary shrink, hours get longer for same/less money, benefits decreased, etc.

Everything I read here is so depressing.

Everything I read here is so depressing.
Well more time is always spent talking about negative things than positive things, but the job market honestly is different for this profession and nothing even remotely close to that of RNs, midlevels and MDs.

Not acceptable.
You are allowed to give examples of poor contracts or give leads to jobs in the official job thread.
Please do not do what this poster is suggesting.
Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.