Podiatry: Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evanscamein95

Reaction score
Here are some questions that can be asked in an interview. Some of these questions I got asked when I did a few interviews. I'm also going to post some side notes of my experiences and tips with interviewing so y'all can get an idea of whats to come and what you can take away from it.

Tell me about a time when you lost confidence in something and what did you do to boost it back up?
Describe a time you established and maintained a relationship with a group that you were in.
What do you have to offer our school?
We know everything that you provided for the application, we want to know what it is that we don't know about you that isn't on your application?
What is your weakness?
What is your strength?
Tell me about a time when a situation tested your integrity.
Was there a time when you had to bend the rules?
Explain a time when you contributed to a group effort.
Do you have any questions for us?
What was your greatest failure, and what did you learn from it?
Tell me about a time where you had to deal with conflict.
Tell me about a time you were under a lot of pressure. What was going on, and how did you get through it?
Tell me about a time when you faced conflict or anger with another individual.
What skills have you learned to help manage your time and relieve stress?
Give me an example of a situation in which you had to utilize effective interpersonal skills.
What are some talents that you possess?
What will you do if your not accepted this year?
Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure.
What makes you think you can handle the curriculum?
If I speak to the admissions committee tomorrow, why should I tell them to let you in?
Tell me about a time you got the outcome you didn't want. How did you deal with the situation?
What are your hobbies?
How do you handle failure?
Give me an example of a time you managed numerous responsibilities. How did you handle that?
Have you ever had consequences for the doing the right thing?
How have you dealt with failure in the past?
Given your MCAT score, why do you think you will succeed in our curriculum?

My experiences and tips:
- You need to practice different questions that are technically the same but worded differently. You need to be ready for this because if not its going to sound scripted.
- When dealing with a question, make key points that are strong and that will make you stand out. Don't try to memorize a script. Just know those key points and stick with it.
- It's okay to have a script somewhat memorized. Just make sure that the script is coming from you. It needs to sound like you.
- Record yourself over and over until you find a response that sounds awesome.
- Don't have an answer that's more than a minute and fifteen seconds. You can say a lot that can be strong and effective in just one minute.
- Having an answer that is thirty seconds long is good to. Just depends on how strong it is.
- It's okay to have an answer that is direct and to the point. Don't repeat yourself or sound redundant.
- Practice with friend or a family member. You'll do much better at the actual interview if you practice with someone else. You won't be as nervous. What to do:
  • Look at them in the eyes. Making eye contact perceives you as confident and telling the truth.
  • Don't move around while talking. Sit up straight and don't use so many hand gestures. Some people see that as rude.
- I haven't been asked the question "Why podiatry?" I stated clearly in my personal statement why I chose this profession. If you are asked this question, then it seems there is a deficiency in your personal statement or application that has them confused or wants you to state it clearly in person.
- Make sure you're answering the question. Sometimes when you speak you can get lost. Make sure you have an opening and closing statement. That's why you want to practice with someone because they can tell you if the question was answered or not. In the interview they won't tell you.

P.S. - This goes out to everyone who is trying to go into the medical field. Whether it's podiatry, osteopathic, optometry, or pharmacy. Feel free to share and add on.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
This is extremely helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time out to do this. <3 I sincerely pray that you get accepted to every podiatry school you apply to my friend!!!

Reactions: 1 user