Podiatry rolling admissions question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odrogo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am applying to POD schools this year and I was originally planning on applying April 1st but I just got back my MCAT scores and I would like to retake them in April (I want a higher score!) and apply in May.

With rolling admissions, I know it is best to apply early for it increases your chances of getting in. If I apply in May by how much will this decrease my chances? And in general how quick do spots fill up?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest applying now, signing up for the MCAT and if you don't get any invites then you can update your score when you get it. Worse thing they can do is say no now and yes when you upload your new MCAT.

You think they will waste their time looking through my new score again? I mean if they deny me then that's that right?

Members don't see this ad :)
If your MCAT is the only thing holding you back and you do better they will be more than happy to look over your app again.

If I apply in May by how much will this decrease my chances? And in general how quick do spots fill up?

If your question is: "If I apply in May as opposed to when the cycle opened..."
Or if your question is: "If I apply in may as opposed to April..."

Have very different answers. If you are asking the first one, your chances have decreased by probably 90%. Some (most?) schools will have their classes full by May and will not even look at someone with an MCAT score that the test taker deemed they needed to retake.

If you are referring to the second scenario, I would say your chances drop by 10%, but they are already dwindling to the lowest chances possible, and so not much will change.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but the fact that you waited until April to apply (as your initial plan...), bombed the MCAT, and now want to retake it, you are MUCH better off just applying next cycle. Seriously, take the summer, study for the MCAT, take it in July, apply in August. Work/travel/volunteer/couch potato for a year, and then start in fall 2014.