Podiatry salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brad504

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen the average podiatry salary to be around 90-120 but i feel as though this is an underestimate. I have never seen my podiatrist have less than 4 patients in his waiting room and he always has 2 in the back on top of that. He works 8-6 and seems pretty stressed out every time I see him. I feel like he has to be making atleast 200 per year with all of the patients he sees (and the outrageous bills I get for merely cutting out an ingrown toenail)

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen the average podiatry salary to be around 90-120 but i feel as though this is an underestimate. I have never seen my podiatrist have less than 4 patients in his waiting room and he always has 2 in the back on top of that. He works 8-6 and seems pretty stressed out every time I see him. I feel like he has to be making atleast 200 per year with all of the patients he sees (and the outrageous bills I get for merely cutting out an ingrown toenail)

:lock:

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to answer this inflammatory post, but I'll answer it for those who may be interested.

First of all, just because your doctor has 4 in the waiting room and 2 in the back, doesn't necessarily mean he's busy. He can simply be poor at practice management or time management.

Secondly, you have no idea the complexity of what he's doing or the types of reimbursements he is receiving for those patients. Third, you have no idea of his overhead and how much he has to make prior to turning a profit.

Your last comment, as ignorant as it is, exemplifies how much you don't know. You comment on the outrageous bills you get. Are those actual BILLS you have to pay, or is that the amount that you see that he has charged your insurance. Additionally, what a doctor charges and what a doctor receives are two COMPLETELY different numbers.

So, first let me know if those are bills you are actually paying. If you're not paying those "bills", let me know if that number that's "outrageous" is what he's billing or what he's charging. I've been doing this a long time, and I can assure you that NO insurance pays an "outrageous" fee for treating an ingrown nail. That of course is presuming that your doctor is billing ethically. If he isn't that's a WHOLE different ballgame.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread again?

The average podiatrist salary is approximately a standard deviation above what the lowest 15% make, and approximately a standard deviation below what the highest 15% earn.

Assuming normal distribution, of course.

Ya know, you're right. It would have been much better if you would have just injected the local and removed the nail yourself instead of letting a professional handle it.

You get what you pay for in life. I don't know why you would want to get cheap with your medical care.