Podiatry Vs. Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOOKY

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

JOOKY said:
How do the earnings (salary) of a DMD vs. a DPM compare??
Which career is more rewarding, likely to grow, has better residency opportunities??
OPINIONS PLEASE!

Please do not use this as your only source of podiatry info. Go shaddow one. research the profession by watching it. People here, like me, love what we do and of course are going to tell you it is great. It is only great if you love it. If you are looking for any way into a medical profession ie - dental or podiatry (I saw your other posts for NYU and BU dental) please do not use podiatry unless you really change your mind and research and decide podiatry is for you.

Good Luck in what ever you choose.

Also, look at the past posts - you'll see your question was most likely already answered.

JOOKY said:
How do the earnings (salary) of a DMD vs. a DPM compare??
Which career is more rewarding, likely to grow, has better residency opportunities??
OPINIONS PLEASE!

Please, don't go to med school if you're looking for money. go to law school.
for residency, the earning is better in podiatry residency than dentistry. both of them have great opportunities

Members don't see this ad :)
OOK said:
Please, don't go to med school if you're looking for money. go to law school.
for residency, the earning is better in podiatry residency than dentistry. both of them have great opportunities

From what I've heard, dentists don't have formal residencies. They can start earning immediately out of dental school.

Two completely different fields, both have great earning potentials. Without question, you should do what you enjoy more. As long as you enjoy it, either way is gold.

If you want to see the stats from podiatry, check out the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine at www.aacpm.org.