Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pointless?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Columbia22, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Columbia22

Columbia22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

At this point, is it even worth it to call schools you're still on hold at for interviews?? Drexel, Finch, Loyola?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sharkfan

Sharkfan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would do it just for some closure. (Unless you think the "no news is good news" theory still holds. I don't think it does, but that's just me. )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rose122

Rose122 Member
    7+ Year Member

*,**, ***, ****, *****, ******, *******, ********:

(($150,000 X 1)(0.001*******)+($150,000 X 0.012********)-((30X110)-(the intrinsic value of your year off)-(the extrinisic value of your year off (any monetary gain))-(humility factor))

= If positive, do it....do it!
    If negative, don't do it.

*You have no cell phone which provides long distance and a marginal toll call cost of 0$

**Retaking the MCAT ($185) is not in the picture

***If "**", is true, a prep-course is unnecessary

****The phone calls do not disrupt your work schedule

*****Average physicians salary is $150,000 per year at 2004 PPI

******Average pre-med waiting to hear back from those three schools as this statge in the game who must apply to an above average of 30 schools, at a rate of $110 per school

*******1:10000, the likeliehood that you are successful in gaining admissions from these phone calls. I got to tell you, this is a blanket guess. Anyone feel free to provide another variable and re-run the numbers

********2004 inflation rate