1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Pointless?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Columbia22, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Columbia22

Columbia22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

At this point, is it even worth it to call schools you're still on hold at for interviews?? Drexel, Finch, Loyola?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sharkfan

Sharkfan Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would do it just for some closure. (Unless you think the "no news is good news" theory still holds. I don't think it does, but that's just me. )

4. Rose122

Rose122 Member
    7+ Year Member

*,**, ***, ****, *****, ******, *******, ********:

(($150,000 X 1)(0.001*******)+($150,000 X 0.012********)-((30X110)-(the intrinsic value of your year off)-(the extrinisic value of your year off (any monetary gain))-(humility factor))

= If positive, do it....do it!
    If negative, don't do it.

*You have no cell phone which provides long distance and a marginal toll call cost of 0$

**Retaking the MCAT ($185) is not in the picture

***If "**", is true, a prep-course is unnecessary

****The phone calls do not disrupt your work schedule

*****Average physicians salary is $150,000 per year at 2004 PPI

******Average pre-med waiting to hear back from those three schools as this statge in the game who must apply to an above average of 30 schools, at a rate of $110 per school

*******1:10000, the likeliehood that you are successful in gaining admissions from these phone calls. I got to tell you, this is a blanket guess. Anyone feel free to provide another variable and re-run the numbers

********2004 inflation rate