Pokemon Masters Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pgex2t

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who else is making poor life decisions by walking aimlessly at 3am in the morning, trying to stalk that Chansey?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 17 users
Me, me, totally me...should be studying for DAT XD

Reactions: 1 user
Released just in time for interview season. Traveling just got 100x better

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are 2 pokestops in the chemistry building at my college... caught a pidgey in the hall on my way there!

This Pokemon Go thing is getting crazy popular isn't it?

It's too hot in Florida to walk anywhere, so I was driving around my neighborhood at 10mph looking for pokemon earlier today when the servers crashed. Haven't been able to get back on since

It's too hot in Florida to walk anywhere, so I was driving around my neighborhood at 10mph looking for pokemon earlier today when the servers crashed. Haven't been able to get back on since

I feel; I drove to a distant lake and walked around it to see if there was a higher % spawn rate for water types-there aren't. And god, that feel when I'm all comfy in my pillow fort and then the app informs me there's a pokemon outside that I haven't caught nearby #lifegoals

Do you guys know if you find more evolved Pokemon when you get to higher levels? Or is it just based on area?

I did a whole lot of walking today and only came across pigeys and ratatas

Reactions: 1 users
So thankful I'm done with my DAT or I would definitely not do well since this is out. Still have to finish apps but those can wait as I walk a million steps to catch em all.

Edit: If some of us are at interviews and see each other walking around on our phones in the city we will know who else is a Pokemon (wannabe) master at least!

I downloaded the app yesterday, worked ok the first time, started out with my all time favorite starter squirtle..

but then when I tried to open the app it doesn't load up?

I can finally be youngster Joey with my rattata that's in the top percentage

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys know if you find more evolved Pokemon when you get to higher levels? Or is it just based on area?

I did a whole lot of walking today and only came across pigeys and ratatas

I'm only level 12, but from my own observations, there are a few geographical areas where certain pokemon appear more frequently (i.e. Dratinis near shoreline or Licketung near certain parks). I did note that the evolved forms of certain pokemon appear near spawns of their base forms, but on a more limited schedule/they are rarer. In addition, I think any area has a small chance to randomly spawn any pokemon. Level only affects the potential CP of the pokemon you encounter and the loot table from point of interests I think.

I downloaded the app yesterday, worked ok the first time, started out with my all time favorite starter squirtle..

but then when I tried to open the app it doesn't load up?

The servers are being overworked; sometimes you just have to wait it out or restarting your phone works sometimes.

I can finally be youngster Joey with my rattata that's in the top percentage

I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

Last edited:
"Do you have any questions for us?"

Yeh. What type of pokemon have you found around the school???? Lookin for a scyther.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Yeh. What type of pokemon have you found around the school???? Lookin for a scyther.

"Give me a sec before I answer the question, I gotta evolve this eevee real quick"

I've made poor life decisions thanks to Pokémon before, but now I can feel reassured that I'm getting some physical activity while doing so.

I caught my first pokemon today! First time I left my house in a while and was at the gym. (Barely leave my house due to DAT). The bad news? I caught it next to the urinal and had to whip my camera out in front of everyone...

Reactions: 4 users

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You guys are so lucky you get this during interview season. I could've caught so many pokemon if this had come out last year :yeahright:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You guys are so lucky you get this during interview season. I could've caught so many pokemon if this had come out last year :yeahright:
I'm so mad that I'm driving from FL to AZ alone. I would have literally 2100+mi of Pokemon catching if I could give my phone to a passenger or be the passenger.

Name is BrigDawg. Red team.
The only stats that matter now:
Lvl 8
Top Pokémon: CL 408

I can get accepted with those stats right?

Reactions: 4 users
Lvl 8

MortredBlue. Team Valor lvl15
stats: 10/10 def gyms
Top 4: 1320CP, 989CP, 865CP, 832CP
Chance me pls.

I'm so mad that I'm driving from FL to AZ alone. I would have literally 2100+mi of Pokemon catching if I could give my phone to a passenger or be the passenger.

I mean, if it's of any console, it's not exactly a geographically diverse trip. You'd be looking at mostly 2100+ mi of rattatas, pidgies, and zubats.

Edit: okay I lied; that's a pretty geographically diverse trip. My condolences. But we all know you'd encounter 1000 pidgies x.x

Last edited:
Funny. The game forces me to go outside. I wish it will just notify me when there is a Pokemon around instead of me checking the app once an hour

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Lvl 8

MortredBlue. Team Valor lvl15
stats: 10/10 def gyms
Top 4: 1320CP, 989CP, 865CP, 832CP
Chance me pls.

Nice stats. But the real question is: What batch number did you sign up during? That's what matters most.

Lol I doubt there would be that many on the interstate. You'll have to pull over in some interesting places

Nice stats. But the real question is: What batch number did you sign up during? That's what matters most.

Post-beta, should I even try?:( My friends tell me I need to go 'cross the land, searching far and wide before they'll even look at my app next cycle...

Post-beta, should I even try?:( My friends tell me I need to go 'cross the land, searching far and wide before they'll even look at my app next cycle...
Schools do only want the very best, like no one ever was

Dragonite was worth running outside of the house down the street at midnight.

So who else is making poor life decisions by walking aimlessly at 3am in the morning, trying to stalk that Chansey?
I saw a car driving up our street when I woke up at 3 in the morning. Stop. Pull into driveway. Pull out, drive. Stop. Hazards. Go. Stop.

Normally I'd worry about somebody scouting the neighborhood for burglary or some ****, but now? "****in' Pokemon trainers..."

I saw a car driving up our street when I woke up at 3 in the morning. Stop. Pull into driveway. Pull out, drive. Stop. Hazards. Go. Stop.

Normally I'd worry about somebody scouting the neighborhood for burglary or some ****, but now? "****in' Pokemon trainers..."

At the very least, they are stopping. I've witnessed 2 collisions as a result of this game so far. They all tried to play it off like [oh we weren't playing]. Stay safe people!

lol I did that like two hours ago. I guess it's less sketchy in the day time.

Starters are pointless in this game...

I tried the game out but I was bummed to learn you can't battle other players :(

Im just waiting for nov. 18th to arrive

Last edited:
Starters are pointless in this game...
Seriously though. Made me so sad. I was like "OK, here comes the Charizard!" only to find out it'll be forever til I can get one. (Dang Charmander)

Seriously though. Made me so sad. I was like "OK, here comes the Charizard!" only to find out it'll be forever til I can get one. (Dang Charmander)

This game supports giving your pets mass diabetes. I am okay with this.

What is even sadder is when I think about those pokemons I sent to the prof. I hope he just releases them to the wild, but again, where does the candy come from? maybe he has a giant blender

Reactions: 3 users
What is even sadder is when I think about those pokemons I sent to the prof. I hope he just releases them to the wild, but again, where does the candy come from? maybe he has a giant blender
This. Wake up sheeple

Mystic for sure
As long as I don't pick Instinct, I'm winning.
pokemonteams.gif