Policy on taking non-scoring based PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snvplayer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take PCAT in october, but I haven't really had time to study for it. SO I am thinking about taking it on non-scoring based to get a feel for it. Then I am going to study over winter break and take it in Jan.

Do you know if they have any policy on taking two tests withint certain time period?

Members don't see this ad.

The school won't know that you are taking the test no score. There's no policy, you can take it as many times no score as you want as long as you have the money.

I remember you, but not your situation. Do note that the January PCAT won't be accepted by many schools if you want to be in pharmacy school Fall 2008.

Otherwise, I know of no limit from the number of times you can exercise the no-score option.

Is there an advantage of taking it no score vs. just seeing what score you get? If you do poorly you can retake, correct? Does it look bad if you got, say a 40 the first time but a 90 the second time? Just curious...I feel like I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of taking the PCAT with no score when there is always a chance you could do well on it. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an advantage of taking it no score vs. just seeing what score you get? If you do poorly you can retake, correct? Does it look bad if you got, say a 40 the first time but a 90 the second time? Just curious...I feel like I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of taking the PCAT with no score when there is always a chance you could do well on it. What do you think?

Many schools only care about the best score, but not all do.

Do note that in your situation, Harcourt could disqualify your score if your score increases by fifty percentiles or more (40 -> 90 in this case) in a 13-month period.

Oh that was just a random question. I have not taken the PCAT yet. I don't take it until next August. I was just wondering really. Do you mean Harcourt would disqualify the higher score or the lower one?

Oh that was just a random question. I have not taken the PCAT yet. I don't take it until next August. I was just wondering really. Do you mean Harcourt would disqualify the higher score or the lower one?

The higher one....the applicant would have to convince Harcourt through an appeals process that he/she scored higher due to extenuating circumstances the first time around (not having enough courses, getting sick, etc.)