Poll: KOL vs Medico-Legal: Which Juice is Worth the Squeeze?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which Juice is Worth the Squeeze: KOL vs Medico-Legal??

• Definitely KOL: Plus strippers...

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Definitely Medico-Legal: Plus billable Hours Baby...

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
I’d rather do medicolegal from home versus traveling and losing my weekend for some lecture/lab.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps it's just lack of experience, but I really hate dealing with lawyers...

Also not interested in being a KOL or doing research...

Reactions: 1 user
How about Option 3: The Dark Side (insurance review)

Medicolegal is not bad. Minimal time away from home. Decent money. The most difficult part is stopping the voice inside your head saying "there but for the grace of GOD go I".
I've never been a KOL. I'm sure the money is good but I think they really get off on the ego stroking, circle jerking and party all night atmosphere. I have a wide foot and could never fit into the pointy shoes.

Reactions: 2 users
Medicolegal is not bad. Minimal time away from home. Decent money. The most difficult part is stopping the voice inside your head saying "there but for the grace of GOD go I".
I've never been a KOL. I'm sure the money is good but I think they really get off on the ego stroking, circle jerking and party all night atmosphere. I have a wide foot and could never fit into the pointy shoes.
1632713479947.png

i grew up and learned medicine in an time when being a physician and taking care of people was the goal, not the means to make money.

i wont sell my soul either way.

and yes, i wont make any where near those who do.

"he who dies with the most toys win" - Malcolm Forbes

"im out!" - Kramer

i grew up and learned medicine in an time when being a physician and taking care of people was the goal, not the means to make money.

i wont sell my soul either way.

and yes, i wont make any where near those who do.

"he who dies with the most toys win" - Malcolm Forbes

"im out!" - Kramer

Even though "you're not in it for the money..." is it a coincidence that you chose one of the highest-paid specialties in one of the highest-paid professions to sell your time?

no.

remember, i did ER for 15 years. i was paid 1/4 of what i am paid now. if i was boarded in ER... i would still be working there.

i only happened to go in to Pain because i did anesthesiology residency on a lark and found that i am best suited for pain medicine.

(ps i thought about doing a fellowship but decided that seeing inpatients, talking about poop or doing allergy shots all day was not for me)

no.

remember, i did ER for 15 years. i was paid 1/4 of what i am paid now. if i was boarded in ER... i would still be working there.

i only happened to go in to Pain because i did anesthesiology residency on a lark and found that i am best suited for pain medicine.

(ps i thought about doing a fellowship but decided that seeing inpatients, talking about poop or doing allergy shots all day was not for me)

#HealthCareHero

• Care
Reactions: 1 user