POLL: Official April MCAT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stonyalltheway

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What was your MCAT TOTAL SCORE percentile rank range for the April 2015 MCAT? Just to get an idea of overall percentile rank ranges 🙂
 
And if I scored poorly I'd certainly not be in the mood to fill out that poll. Since were looking at percentiles it is totally unnecessary anyway 😀 Unless we wanna know how well the average mcat bloke did
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should remember the average SDN person is probably a bit more zealous than the average MCAT test taker.

I'm a bit shocked at the amount of top 10% people
But, since the scores are not in standard deciles, like the poll, it is possible that people that scored 84-94, for example, checked the top ten percent choice.
 
Can anyone who took the practice AAMC MCAT comment. I took the AAMC MCAT 2015 practice test and these were my % of questions answered correctly…am I in bad shape for my MCAT, which is very soon?
Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems 68% (40/59)
Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills 64% (34/53)
Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems 44% (26/59)
Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior 66% (39/59)
 
Can anyone who took the practice AAMC MCAT comment. I took the AAMC MCAT 2015 practice test and these were my % of questions answered correctly…am I in bad shape for my MCAT, which is very soon?
Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems 68% (40/59)
Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills 64% (34/53)
Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems 44% (26/59)
Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior 66% (39/59)


I thought the real MCAT was much harder than the practice, although I slept almost 0 the night before the real thing. My percentiles were all 85-100% with total score 90-100th on the real deal.
Before this I was scoring about 75-80% of questions correct on the practices, in all sections. My questions correct jumped up quite a bit in the last 2 months of study...I think by focus on "whys" instead of just equations...ex why wavelength changes but not frequency btw mediums...

For verbal, I made myself stop timing sections and read the first 3 chapter of Kaplan to learn their approach, taking about 30min/passage for a few days to get the hang of T/S/P stuff. Ended up being faster in the end AND my percent correct jumped from 50% to 90% almost OVERNIGHT!

Good luck my brother! (or sister) and remember: you always score the exam.
 
arent the scores you guys have recieved just preliminary results, i thought the final scores dont come out until june. if so isnt it quite possible fo any of you all to have a percentile change after the results are finalized? I mean 10-15% difference is quite large, but isnt it possible for scores to be somewhat changed?
 
arent the scores you guys have recieved just preliminary results, i thought the final scores dont come out until june. if so isnt it quite possible fo any of you all to have a percentile change after the results are finalized? I mean 10-15% difference is quite large, but isnt it possible for scores to be somewhat changed?
AAMC estimated their error within 5%. So it's possible scores will shift outside that range, however, scaled scores are wild anyway, with "old scores" of 33-45 making up the top 10% of all takers.
Also so people in this discussion refer to % correct, which is question right/total as opposed to a ranking %.