Poor GRE scores, but great GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Do you think I will be okay?

  • Yes

  • No


Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everybody,

This is my first time posting on this forum, or any forum for that matter. I am posting today because I became very concerned about my chances of being accepted into PT school after receiving my GRE scores, particularly my analytical writing scores.

Verbal reasoning - 149 (43rd percentile)
Quantitative reasoning - 158 (68th percentile)
Analytical writing - 3 (17th percentile)

Yes, these scores are very unimpressive, however I wanted to ask you guys if you think that my other qualifications will improve my likelihood of being accepted into PT school.

Community college GPA: 3.71
Illinois State University GPA: 4.0
Last 60 hours: 4.0
Prerequisite classes: All A's and one B (statistics)
A in every science class taken

Observation hours:
Outpatient
Athletico: 62
ATI: 150
Loyola: 4
Inpatient
Amita Hospital: 16

I have 3 letters of recommendation as well.

What do you guys think? Have any of you received poor GRE scores, but still managed to get into PT school? All of the schools I am applying to do require GRE. I do not have enough time to retake it, so I am very worried that I will not get accepted.