Downward trend in GPA for final semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeetus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a Senior Biology major in my last semester and I've been struggling a little bit in my courses. I crammed my upper level biology electives to graduate early so I'm taking three of them this semester. My cumulative GPA so far is pretty good, a 3.95, however I might get a B or B+ in two of my upper level biology courses (worth 7 credits out of a 16 credit schedule). This would make my semester GPA to be around 3.5 and the cumulative would be around 3.9.

This is obviously still a good cumulative GPA, and we all know that a semester's performance isn't really all that impactful. However, it seems like this would indicate a downward trend. Will this be a problem in an application cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a Senior Biology major in my last semester and I've been struggling a little bit in my courses. I crammed my upper level biology electives to graduate early so I'm taking three of them this semester. My cumulative GPA so far is pretty good, a 3.95, however I might get a B or B+ in two of my upper level biology courses (worth 7 credits out of a 16 credit schedule). This would make my semester GPA to be around 3.5 and the cumulative would be around 3.9.

This is obviously still a good cumulative GPA, and we all know that a semester's performance isn't really all that impactful. However, it seems like this would indicate a downward trend. Will this be a problem in an application cycle?
Assuming you have yet to apply, keep in mind that the AMCAS application displays GPAs year by year, not term by term, so there will be a moderation of the impact of your lower current semester.

Reactions: 1 users
This will not be a significant problem.