Possibility of an earlier interview date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iceageheatwave

RiniMonster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, i recently got an interview invite from NSU. its my first invite and im really excited, but the date is set for mid february. Is a february interview really late in the cycle? Also, would they consider moving up the date if i called them checking to see if spots have been dropped by other people?

Members don't see this ad.

Delia, the ADCOM receptionist, does sit in on the ADCOM meetings. But I would call and ask her if they have any cancellations. I dont see what it could hurt. She's a very nice lady, once you get past her shell! GOOD LUCK!:D

:scared:
Hey all, i recently got an interview invite from NSU. its my first invite and im really excited, but the date is set for mid february. Is a february interview really late in the cycle? Also, would they consider moving up the date if i called them checking to see if spots have been dropped by other people?

Now I am sweating a bit..mid Feb..ohh my gosh..and that's my top choice..noooooooooooooo

Members don't see this ad :)

Now I am sweating a bit..mid Feb..ohh my gosh..and that's my top choice..noooooooooooooo

Yea wow ...ok i'm scared too
When did you send out your secondary/were complete there?

(browsing sdn instead of doing secondaries...oh so bad! :laugh: )

Delia, the ADCOM receptionist, does sit in on the ADCOM meetings. But I would call and ask her if they have any cancellations. I dont see what it could hurt. She's a very nice lady, once you get past her shell! GOOD LUCK!:D
Very good suggestion. There are individuals declining interviews all the time. For me, I declined a few of them to let my future colleagues get into the mix.

When I initially scheduled my NYCOM interview, it was for the end of November. I called a few days later and asked fi there was an earlier date, and got moved up to tomorrow. I don't see what it could hurt to let htem know you're interested. Maybe ask them to keep you in mind if an earlier date comes up?

When I initially scheduled my NYCOM interview, it was for the end of November. I called a few days later and asked fi there was an earlier date, and got moved up to tomorrow. I don't see what it could hurt to let htem know you're interested. Maybe ask them to keep you in mind if an earlier date comes up?

I called earlier today and spoke to Vicky. She was really nice but told me that not many have cancelled their interviews. I think ill call her back every 3-4 weeks or so to check to see if there is an earlier date.

I think its worth a try to call and ask for an earlier date.