possible defection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyri

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am a 4th year getting my first exposure to Ophtho at the eleventh hour, and I love it. If I were to bail out of the match this year in order to apply to the ophtho match next year, does anyone know if I'd stand a chance?

My step I is 253, and I am at the top of my class. Of course, I don't have any lors from Ophthalmologists (yet)...

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by gyri
Hi

I am a 4th year getting my first exposure to Ophtho at the eleventh hour, and I love it. If I were to bail out of the match this year in order to apply to the ophtho match next year, does anyone know if I'd stand a chance?

My step I is 253, and I am at the top of my class. Of course, I don't have any lors from Ophthalmologists (yet)...

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks!

I'd think you'd be a STRONG candidate because you'll have 1 year to do ophtho stuff and research. Average board scores for people who matched is 225. So you'd be an elite.

Furthermore, if you took a year off, then this will give you a chance to do a rotation at top programs, like Bascom, Wilmer, and Iowa. Iowa has a nice rotation for visiting students and provides great didactics.

Good luck!