Possible to Get Secondaries w/o MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harkkam

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am going to take the MCAT in July with scores coming back in August. I am planning to complete my primary app in May and have it verified by June.

I was wondering since my primary app would be verified but Without MCAT scores, is it possible to get secondary apps from schools?

Do you have to have Mcat scores to get a secondary app from the school?

Members don't see this ad.

i applied to 3 schools without mcat and got secondaries from each. i even sent in the secondaries without the mcat score so they had everything but that. as soon as the score came in i sent them the score and started getting interviews within a day or two.

Hey guys I am going to take the MCAT in July with scores coming back in August. I am planning to complete my primary app in May and have it verified by June.

I was wondering since my primary app would be verified but Without MCAT scores, is it possible to get secondary apps from schools?

Do you have to have Mcat scores to get a secondary app from the school?

I took the MCAT in July last year, and my primary was verified without the MCAT score. You just need to instruct the MCAT Thx system to send your score to AACOMAS when it is available, and AACOMAS will update your primary application. Some schools will let you complete the secondary w/o the MCAT score and other schools won't. It's not a big deal though. You can start working on them beforehand by combing through the school-specific threads and seeing what the questions are.

Members don't see this ad :)
i applied to 3 schools without mcat and got secondaries from each. i even sent in the secondaries without the mcat score so they had everything but that. as soon as the score came in i sent them the score and started getting interviews within a day or two.

This thread is old, but would you mind telling me which schools you applied to that didn't need an MCAT for secondaries? I'd like to narrow it down a little bit before I check the pages of all the individual schools. Thanks :)

This thread is old, but would you mind telling me which schools you applied to that didn't need an MCAT for secondaries? I'd like to narrow it down a little bit before I check the pages of all the individual schools. Thanks :)
PNWU interviewed me and wait listed me and LECOM Erie interviewed me and accepted me. ATSU said interviews were all extended by the time my MCAT came back (sometime in early march). I had met reps from each school at fairs held on my college campus and had kept in touch so they knew where I was in the process so I definitely wasn't coming to them out of the blue but they knew who I was and like I said I kept in touch. Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user