Possible to study for MCAT retake during the school year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bme94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I was hoping to take the MCAT in early July. I'm taking 7 credits - microbiology (lectures are recorded), microbiology laboratory (meets every other week), and an intro class that meets once a week. I was hoping to volunteer once a week. Does this sound realistic? I'm a senior and plan on applying this cycle and really, really don't want to take two years off...
 
Hi all,

I was hoping to take the MCAT in early July. I'm taking 7 credits - microbiology (lectures are recorded), microbiology laboratory (meets every other week), and an intro class that meets once a week. I was hoping to volunteer once a week. Does this sound realistic? I'm a senior and plan on applying this cycle and really, really don't want to take two years off...

That is plenty of time to study for the MCAT.... Plus you'll have two full months after classes end.... Finish your content during the semester and do all practice problems/test for the next 2 months