Possibly silly question about summer classes after submitting application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RespectTheChemistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It would work a lot better for my schedule for me to take my "straggler" (single 3-credit class I need to finish my degree) in the summer. I plan to submit my application in June.

Does it make any difference review-wise for me to be taking a summer class at the time when I submit my application? Is it the sort of thing where I would be reviewed later, waiting for summer grades to come back and my bachelor's degree to be granted?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Next cycle? No, it won't make a difference. You'll just list it as an in-progress course. I don't know what else you would be taking to comment on whether you should wait for summer grades to come in.

Reactions: 1 user
Next cycle? No, it won't make a difference. You'll just list it as an in-progress course. I don't know what else you would be taking to comment on whether you should wait for summer grades to come in.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this is for next cycle. The class is Genetics. It is the only class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a plan, RTC. Good luck, btw! :D

A single course is not going to do much to change your GPA so taking that one course after you submit your AMCAS application is no big deal.

Reactions: 2 users