Post acceptance GPA drop syndrome

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

francisdoss

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's hitting hard in a "free fall" fashion.....Anyone else is getting the same sydrome?????My gpa has dramaticallly drop since my acceptance..But who care? m already in....

Members don't see this ad.

francisdoss said:
It's hitting hard in a "free fall" fashion.....Anyone else is getting the same sydrome?????My gpa has dramaticallly drop since my acceptance..But who care? m already in....

i laugh at u, pity pity monkey man, but keep up the good work, ur only helping free up a spot for me

americanpierg said:
i laugh at u, pity pity monkey man, but keep up the good work, ur only helping free up a spot for me

As long as you get at least all C's youll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Post Acceptum Gradis Plummutus!!! Otherwise known as PAG-P. In rare cases the accepted student will experience PAG-C or even PAG-I, gradis continuum and gradis inflatium respectively. The long term effects of these conditions are unclear, but in the short-term PAG-P seems to cause much greater increase in stress factors. This is curious since the precipitous drop in grades is usually a result of a higher level of stress relieving activities in the student's daily regime.

BTW TUCK FEXAS!!!:barf: :horns:

i got relatively bad grades last quarter but i think it was more a factor of being gone so much for interviews than an analog of senioritis.

StevenRF said:
As long as you get at least all C's youll be fine.

How do you know this? Did someone from a dean's office tell you, or is this one of thsoe rumors? Just curious, grades stink this semester.

Well because all the acceptances are conditional based on you graduating, and to graduate you need to pass, and to pass you need a C or above in everything.

Also, thats what everyone keeps saying so I figure Id just pass it along. :laugh:

StevenRF said:
Well because all the acceptances are conditional based on you graduating, and to graduate you need to pass, and to pass you need a C or above in everything.

Also, thats what everyone keeps saying so I figure Id just pass it along. :laugh:

Yes, yes, I know that you need to graduate in order to keep your acceptance. However, didn't you get that little "you must keep your grades at a level comparable to prior coursework" phrase in your acceptance letter? What if you were getting straight A's and then your final semester you ended up with straight C's? Would they hang your for that?

silas2642 said:
Yes, yes, I know that you need to graduate in order to keep your acceptance. However, didn't you get that little "you must keep your grades at a level comparable to prior coursework" phrase in your acceptance letter? What if you were getting straight A's and then your final semester you ended up with straight C's? Would they hang your for that?

depends on the conditions in the acceptance letter/packet. some schools specifically spell it out, as the above poster mentioned, that you only need to complete the courses you said you would with a C or better. some schools go with the more vague "this acceptance is contingent upon continued the students continued academic performance."

you really should just call the school you're going to and ask them. they can't unaccept you for asking, and then you'll know for sure how far you can slide without getting into trouble with them.

Officially called the worst student in class today :laugh: :laugh:
Sorry but I can't help it. Not all classes are created equal, especially at this stage in the app process.

francisdoss said:

I did well last semester, but this semester my grades have taken a sudden death. I think I'm going to fail tai chi...and I'm taking it pass/fail.