Post-acceptance personal letters from interviewers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if I sound shoked and amazed, but do all schools follow up your acceptance letter with a personal letter from one of your interviewers? I received a big package of info from Iowa today with a really lovely letter from one of my interviewers--very personal and thoughful.

Do all schools do this?

Members don't see this ad.

I think your interviewer just wants to get into your pants.
Really, I think your interviewer just thinks you would be a welcome addition and would positively contribute to their class. I hope they follow it up with offers of copious scholarship funds.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received personalized congratulatory emails from my interviewers. I was really impressed by this!

I hope I didn't mislead people. The letter was somewhat boilerplate because it was sent with a package of more info about Iowa. But there were two paragraphs that were very specific about things we discussed in the interview and stuff on my application. I certainly don't think he really remembered me, but it was still super thoughful. Iowa has been super impressive--especially since they accepted me! HA!

Props to U Mich for going above and beyond the call of duty in this regard. All three of my interviewers and the dean of admissions emailed me, the admissions director and the dean of admissions both called me, and I came home from my interview to find a hand-written thank-you card from the admissions director in the mailbox. As far as I can tell, everyone U Mich accepts is personally contacted by all of their interviewers. :cool:

gdbaby said:
I apologize if I sound shoked and amazed, but do all schools follow up your acceptance letter with a personal letter from one of your interviewers? I received a big package of info from Iowa today with a really lovely letter from one of my interviewers--very personal and thoughful.

Do all schools do this?

I got a post-acceptance personal email from one of my interviewers. From time to time I still look at it and it makes me feel very excited.

I got a really genuinely nice personal scribble at the bottom of my UF acceptance letter. It really made a huge difference in my final impression of the school. Flattery will get you everywhere with me.

I see it as a way to woo the student to that particular school

I've never received personal emails but I did receive personal calls from interviewers at two schools. They definitely made me more excited about those specific schools.