Post acceptance questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ooo000

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, I have a questions about my forecast hours in my application. I am fortunate to receive some early acceptances in this cycle, and I plan to take 2-3 months off work to travel, visit my families before med school start, however, I forecast some hours in my AMCAS application from 08/2021-08/2022, now I will be missing about 2-3 months working hours that I originally intended to, is this gonna be a problem for the admission? Is it a common practice? Should I be concerned? I feel bad not to complete all the hours I claimed to in my application…but I think I really need a break after such a stressful cycle…..

additionally, my lab position no longer available due to funding cut, I work in this lab for the last three yeas (couple hundred hours), and I thought I would work for another year (I forecast for 1 year of work about 100 hours), but it is over now, should I update this with the admission? Or am I being too paranoid? I just don’t want to make any mistakes that could cost my acceptances….

Members don't see this ad.