Post-Bac Interviews and Bryn Mawr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilyMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just got invited to do an interview at Bryn Mawr for their post-bacc program. How important are these interviews in general? Does anyone know about Bryn Mawr in specific? Do they typically offer interviews to everyone that applies? Or does an interview mean that you've at least passed the initial hurdle? Any advice/insight even if it doesn't apply specifically would be of great help. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

They do not tell you at your interview -- at least they didn't when I interviewed there several years ago.

I hated my interview, I thought it went awefully and was sure I was hosed. I got in. After talking with other people in the program I found that many had a similar experience with the interviewer. Good luck -- Bryn Mawr is the place to be.

Bryn Mawr wouldn't interview you unless they thought you were a good medical school applicant. The school wants it med school admit rate to stay very high, so it only admits good candidates.

I liked the program a lot, but be prepared to work hard.

Ed

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I went to Bryn Mawr as an undergrad, and I know that they only interview good people who they think will be sucessful, so if you got an interview congrads! (That way they can post good Statistics of how well the graduates of the program do) The teachers at Bryn Mawr are really great, and Mary Beth Davis is an excellent pre-med advisor, I'm not sure if she does the post bacs too or just undergrads. She's been so helpful in guiding me through the process of applying.
Plus they also have nice agreements with several schools where you don't have to go through all the mess of applying if you get certain grades and MCAT scores, I think.

Just had another thought, I'd say the interview is fairly important, I know that they don't accept everyone, and they want to acess how serious you are about going into medicine, as they want to make sure that everyone is sucessful and does well.
I said this before, but this is really true as far as the professors are concerned as well, they are really open to helping their students suceed. I was a chem major and the chem department at Bryn Mawr is just great.