Post Bacc and application help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DM88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been lurking in this forum and I finally made an account to ask for help from you guys.

I want to do a post bacc or at least apply to it and see if I get in. However, the post bacc program requires that I have previously apply to and been declined from med school. I have some of my parts done for my amcas from early in the year but did not get the stats I wanted to apply. Right now I am thinking of just sending the application in so I can apply to the post bacc program. One of my main concern is, the only school with available right now is a MD/PhD program and they required two additional essays which I don't have. Do you guys think it'll be okay if I just copy my old personal statement and paste it to the additional essays so I can meet the requirement? Also, would this create any problem with my future application to other schools? Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do this. Apply to a different postbacc. Being a reapplicant stigmatizes your application.

That actually brings up one of my other questions. Does being a re-applicant hurt my application overall where I would have a lower chance to all other schools or is it just to the school I am going to reapply to? Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
That actually brings up one of my other questions. Does being a re-applicant hurt my application overall where I would have a lower chance to all other schools or is it just to the school I am going to reapply to? Thanks again.

some schools will consider it. It's a bigger deal if it's the same school, but not predictable/clear everywhere else. As someone who went through reapplication, i'm probably just overly traumatized, but I wouldn't voluntarily do anything I know could hurt my chances anywhere.