Post Bacc Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulMD1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a senior in college and I'm looking for advice on post bacc programs. To be honest, I'm worried about getting into these programs, let alone medical school. I have a 3.0 science GPA and a 3.3 overall GPA with a very strong upward trend. I haven't taken the MCAT yet so I am submitting my old SAT scores and I got an 1870. I took the SAT biology subject test as well and got a 650.

Do you think i'll be able to get into a program?
Does anyone who is currently in a post bacc program have any advice?

Thanks!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I did a SMP and I applied with my GRE score. I am not sure that they would take your SAT scores though. Check with the schools to make sure which one they do accept (most accept MCAT or GRE). If they accept GRE, I WOULD HIGHLY recommend to take the GRE to apply to these programs. The reasons are because it's easier, requires less time to study, and it doesn't affect your medical school's application later. You can alternatively take the MCAT but if you get a bad score, it would put a lot of pressure on you for the retake. Good luck.