Post-Bacc DO chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ERMedTech87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a non-trad (CA resident) currently at a formal post bacc program planning to apply in June to DO programs only...
2.7 gpa in UG
3.99 post bacc gpa (~50 units diy and 20 at a formal post bacc program )
Cgpa 3.2 after post bacc, sci 3.1
MCAT 504 (1st take)

Worked in a hospital for 6 years in the dietary department, on an ambulance as EMT for a year, 8mos as a nursing assistant, and 2 yrs as an ER tech at a local community hospital.
Volunteered at a hospital ~50hrs, at a senior center ~40hrs, probably another 20 hrs of small projects
Shadowed a DO for ~50hrs, watched some surgeries with an MD
Started a PreSOMA club at my post bacc

I would like to stay in CA, but the most important thing is getting in and starting my education... Suggestions?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a chance at some of the DO schools. Try the CA DO schools and consider these:
TUNCOM
ATSU-SOMA
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
CUSOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
MU-COM
VCOM (all 3 schools)

You're fine for any DO school, including the two CA ones.

Also, take a crack at:

Quinnipiac
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
Rosy Franklin
MCW
Creighton
NYMC
VCU
Rush
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
Netter

I'm a non-trad (CA resident) currently at a formal post bacc program planning to apply in June to DO programs only...
2.7 gpa in UG
MCAT 504 (1st take)

Worked in a hospital for 6 years in the dietary department, on an ambulance as EMT for a year, 8mos as a nursing assistant, and 2 yrs as an ER tech at a local community hospital.
Volunteered at a hospital ~50hrs, at a senior center ~40hrs, probably another 20 hrs of small projects

I would like to stay in CA, but the most important thing is getting in and starting my education... Suggestions?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
You're fine for any DO school, including the two CA ones.

Also, take a crack at:

Quinnipiac
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
Rosy Franklin
MCW
Creighton
NYMC
VCU
Rush
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
Netter
Thank you for weighing in on my post, it has been a long and uncertain road chasing this dream. I guess passions know no boundaries. Your words of encouragement are invaluable...

2.7 gpa in UG
MCAT 504 (1st take)

Thanks!

What formal Post-Bacc Program are you currently enrolled in? I'm trying to get into programs with similar stats (2.77 uGPA, haven't taken the MCAT, need to finish prereqs, and have 5+ years working in prosthetics and 3.5 as a resident/prosthetist) any advice?