Post-Bacc first semester. Graduated 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILuvScience

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to take the MCAT in April or May of next year and will be applying early May. I am applying to mostly medical schools and a couple DO schools. A little about what I completed in undergrad;
Supervised research in Biology ( grade of A)
Co-Author of published article in Pharmacology and poster presentation at national conference. I did a lot of volunteering in undergrad, held leadership positions in organizations as well. Also was on a full ride scholarship and member of Psi Chi National Honors Society.
I have already completed a year of Physics ( grade of A for both) but missing Physics 2 lab. I've also taken Calculus ( grade of C) and Stats ( grade of A)
I received C's in Gen Chem 1, Bio 1, and Genetics. Cumulative gpa of 3.2. Do you all feel that taking those upper division Biology courses will help offset the "C" performance? I am not working, and will be volunteering and shadowing. I am a URM but I want to earn my way to medical school and if being a URM helps, then so be it. But I want to ace everything from here on out and do whatever it takes.
Here are my semesters as follows.
Fall Semester
A&P 1 at a community college
Gen Chem 2 and Bio 2 at a university

Spring semester
Orgo 1 and Molecular Genetics at a University
A&P 2 at a community college

What do y'all think ??
Will it help prepare me for the MCAT in April/May?
Thanks for your time : )

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.