Post-bacc Program Chances with low sGPA due to one math course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

numbersloth

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm a student studying Anthropology and Public Health. I initially thought that I wanted to get a PhD in Epidemiology but through my public health outreach and research I have become increasingly interested in medicine. I have genetics research experience, hospital volunteering, community health volunteering, and homeless shelter volunteering experience. I am also president of my school's Public Health Club.

I have a pretty high overall GPA (3.65). However, early in my career I thought I wanted to minor in Math and ended up getting a B- in a math course. I also got a B+ in the molecular biology course that I took for credit towards my public health program. I also took Physics 1 my freshman year, however my school implements pass/no credit grading for all first semester first year students, so I do not have a recorded grade for this class. Thus my sGPA is 3.0 counting the two classes.

Am I still competitive for formal post-bacc programs due to an already damaged sGPA?