Post-bacc vs Industry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Justanotherlostpremed

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I have decided to not apply this cycle and take a gap year. I am thinking about how to spend it. I have opportunities to complete a post-bacc and NIH, or I could work in biotech for an year. I want to go to medical school and know the postbacc will definitely be a better learning experience and I will probably have a better social circle here, but at the same time working in industry will help financially stabilize me for a moment. Do any of you have insights on this? Do medical schools care about the differences between these at all?

Thank you!