Post-Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Senior007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Post-Bacc programs in general? LECOM has one specifically for pharamcy school.

Does anyone know about LECOM's one?

Members don't see this ad.

I was considering there Post Bacc program myself. Have you looked at the Curriculum though... Its kind of intense but I think I'm left with no other option but Post Bacc school. My GPA isnt the sexiest thin on earth. And it seems to me that all the people on SDN have amazing GPAs and they look down upon people who ran into some bad situations during there ungrad that want to find out the easiest school to get into.. I wish you all the luck... But the program is 12000 while you could use that money to pay for a semester in a PharmD program.

I know this person who was set on going post-bac for LECOM's medical school. From what this person tells me, apparently if you complete the post-bac program you are guaranteed an interview and if you are top of the class you are guaranteed a seat. This is all second hand hearsay, so I can not confirm how valid these statements are. I imagine the pharmacy post-bac works in a similar fashion.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to LECOM Pharmacy for Fall 2007 pretty late in the cycle (mid Feb).... they still haven't gotten back to me but I'm assuming its a rejection letter... they told me that they had a Post-Bac program, however, they only accept 15 people and last year they received around 75-80 applications for 15 of the post-bac seats... I'm coming from out of state and my gpa sux, so i'm not sure if i'll even make it for that.. does anyone know of a place i can find a list of schools that do have a Post-Bac program for Pharmacy?

I was considering there Post Bacc program myself. Have you looked at the Curriculum though... Its kind of intense but I think I'm left with no other option but Post Bacc school. My GPA isnt the sexiest thin on earth. And it seems to me that all the people on SDN have amazing GPAs and they look down upon people who ran into some bad situations during there ungrad that want to find out the easiest school to get into.. I wish you all the luck... But the program is 12000 while you could use that money to pay for a semester in a PharmD program.

I haven't seen anyone look down upon anyone for their gpa. However don't expect people with good gpa's to be unrealistic and say its ok, ur'll still get in even though you have a 2.8 gpa (not you specifically). I've seen people with good gpas try to help those with bad gpas.

In life having a bad GPA is looked down upon. Don't expect any sugar coating but don't expect anyone here being harsh either. If I saw it I'd call them out

:thumbup:

I applied to LECOM Pharmacy for Fall 2007 pretty late in the cycle (mid Feb).... they still haven't gotten back to me but I'm assuming its a rejection letter... they told me that they had a Post-Bac program, however, they only accept 15 people and last year they received around 75-80 applications for 15 of the post-bac seats... I'm coming from out of state and my gpa sux, so i'm not sure if i'll even make it for that.. does anyone know of a place i can find a list of schools that do have a Post-Bac program for Pharmacy?

did u try google?

I know this person who was set on going post-bac for LECOM's medical school. From what this person tells me, apparently if you complete the post-bac program you are guaranteed an interview and if you are top of the class you are guaranteed a seat. This is all second hand hearsay, so I can not confirm how valid these statements are. I imagine the pharmacy post-bac works in a similar fashion.

Checkout this site:
http://www.lecom.edu/pharm/application/pharm-post-bac.asp

Ripped from LECOM's site - NO - attending Post Bacc does NOT guarantee anything - it can certainly look good - but you will want to run it by whatever school you are applying to - that is the only way to be certain it will help.

~above~

did u try google?

Yes, I did google: Pharmacy Post Baccalaureate Program and got many results but most of hte post bac options were available to currently working pharmacists only...