POST-baccs for FALL 2005 Admission or Winter Admission

Started by shaggy411
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shaggy411

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any programs still accepting students or apps for fall 2005?!???!?! anyone know if any seats are open anywhere?!?

i got a year and have no idea what to do.. i may have two years -i think(know) i did poor on the mcats this past 20th...should I do the carribeans..i don't want to but I don't want to take two years off (because I would have to take the mcats in april meaning i'b be only eligible for fall 07 adminision)..I'm 23 and I'm not getting younger.

I'm south asian also.. and the south asian community (the influence is mentally. It's not like people are saying this) is really avid about getting done early so that's pressure on me too....
 
First, 23 is YOUNG, so don't sweat that. Of course, that does not take into account any pressure you feel from your community.

Second, where do you live (city/state)? You will likely not have time to move before Fall term. There are plenty of places you could start spring semester though. Most public universities allow you to apply for a spring start, if not as a matriculated student, then at least as a non-degree student taking classes.




shaggy411 said:
any programs still accepting students or apps for fall
2005?!???!?! anyone know if any seats are open anywhere?!?

i got a year and have no idea what to do.. i may have two years -i think(know) i did poor on the mcats this past 20th...should I do the carribeans..i don't want to but I don't want to take two years off (because I would have to take the mcats in april meaning i'b be only eligible for fall 07 adminision)..I'm 23 and I'm not getting younger.

I'm south asian also.. and the south asian community (the influence is mentally. It's not like people are saying this) is really avid about getting done early so that's pressure on me too....
 
RogueRules said:
First, 23 is YOUNG, so don't sweat that. Of course, that does not take into account any pressure you feel from your community.

Second, where do you live (city/state)? You will likely not have time to move before Fall term. There are plenty of places you could start spring semester though. Most public universities allow you to apply for a spring start, if not as a matriculated student, then at least as a non-degree student taking classes.


I live in philadelphia.. if i start spring, then I would assume I didn't get into med school fall 2006.. is there any research positions or anything I can do for this year that I can put on my app when i fill it out which is soon...all positions i saw seem like you need a lot of experience.. i have all teh bio chem orgo lab experience..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shaggy411 said:
I live in philadelphia.. if i start spring, then I would assume I didn't get into med school fall 2006.. is there any research positions or anything I can do for this year that I can put on my app when i fill it out which is soon...all positions i saw seem like you need a lot of experience.. i have all teh bio chem orgo lab experience..

Shaggy, I'm confused by your posts. Are you applying this year? If not, you will be starting med school in 2007 at the earliest, whether you take courses this fall or not. Also, are you planning on retaking the MCAT or not? What sort of program are you looking for? Do you want just some upper level courses to boost your GPA or are you just killing time? If you are not applying this year, and are just trying to fill time, I would recommend finding some entry-level lab/research job that you can do for the next two years.
 
RogueRules said:
Shaggy, I'm confused by your posts. Are you applying this year? If not, you will be starting med school in 2007 at the earliest, whether you take courses this fall or not. Also, are you planning on retaking the MCAT or not? What sort of program are you looking for? Do you want just some upper level courses to boost your GPA or are you just killing time? If you are not applying this year, and are just trying to fill time, I would recommend finding some entry-level lab/research job that you can do for the next two years.


I am applying this year for entrance into 2006 fall class..BUT i do'nt know if i will get in thats why I am asking questions in regards to applying next year as well..I wanted to do a post bacc now so that if there was a possibility of using april 2006's score for entrance into the fall of 06..some colleges do that..if i don't do a post-bacc now (which is way to late to apply for)..then my april mcat would only be good for 07 entrance...

i just took the mcat august 20th and i think i bombed it..that's why i am seeing what options i have... I was stupid in not thinking about post bacc earlier..i was waiting and hoping to see if i got off of a waitlist that I was on..(I took the mcat in august 04) as well..