..post-CBC email (background check)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorgg33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hm...so at the bottom of the amcas background check e-mail it says:

***A participating school has now requested that a background check be procured on you via this service, and you will soon receive an email from Certiphi Screening, Inc. that requests that you log into their online system and provide consent for this report to be procured. To ensure that you meet this requirement, please ensure that you have added [email protected] as a trusted email sender. ***

...when should we receive the email from certiphi screening ([email protected], etc...)..? has anyone received it yet?

Members don't see this ad.

It took a good 10 days for me to get the second email. I was notified with the first email on Dec 19 and didn't get the actual email to fill out the form until Dec 29. :)

Yeah it took quite a while for me to get it as well. Don't sweat it

Members don't see this ad :)
It took a good 10 days for me to get the second email. I was notified with the first email on Dec 19 and didn't get the actual email to fill out the form until Dec 29. :)

Two questions:
Does the CBC email request come immediately after an acceptance offer from a participating med school??

And how long since that second email till they give you the results of the CBC???

Two questions:
Does the CBC email request come immediately after an acceptance offer from a participating med school??

I'm not sure, but I think so. I didn't check my status page religiously, so when I got the CBC email I checked and found out I was accepted. :p

And how long since that second email till they give you the results of the CBC???

They say it'll take 3-4 days; for me it took 1 (I submitted on 12/29 and it was completed and I released it to the school on 12/30). :oops:

I have a question for anyone that has multiple acceptances. For my first one, I got the CBC email, and completed and released my report. I recently received another acceptance that requires a CBC, so I got another email from AMCAS about it. It's been a while, however, and I haven't gotten an email from Certiphi. Does anyone know if they will send my already released report or do I have to do it again?