• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

doctorgg33

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2008
Status
hm...so at the bottom of the amcas background check e-mail it says:

***A participating school has now requested that a background check be procured on you via this service, and you will soon receive an email from Certiphi Screening, Inc. that requests that you log into their online system and provide consent for this report to be procured. To ensure that you meet this requirement, please ensure that you have added [email protected] as a trusted email sender. ***

...when should we receive the email from certiphi screening ([email protected], etc...)..? has anyone received it yet?

silverhorse84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It took a good 10 days for me to get the second email. I was notified with the first email on Dec 19 and didn't get the actual email to fill out the form until Dec 29. :)

efitzpat

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
San Diego
Status
Medical Student
Yeah it took quite a while for me to get it as well. Don't sweat it

About the Ads

rockydoc

10+ Year Member
May 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
It took a good 10 days for me to get the second email. I was notified with the first email on Dec 19 and didn't get the actual email to fill out the form until Dec 29. :)
Two questions:
Does the CBC email request come immediately after an acceptance offer from a participating med school??

And how long since that second email till they give you the results of the CBC???

silverhorse84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Two questions:
Does the CBC email request come immediately after an acceptance offer from a participating med school??
I'm not sure, but I think so. I didn't check my status page religiously, so when I got the CBC email I checked and found out I was accepted. :p

And how long since that second email till they give you the results of the CBC???
They say it'll take 3-4 days; for me it took 1 (I submitted on 12/29 and it was completed and I released it to the school on 12/30). :oops:

CourageKid

Don't mind me
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I have a question for anyone that has multiple acceptances. For my first one, I got the CBC email, and completed and released my report. I recently received another acceptance that requires a CBC, so I got another email from AMCAS about it. It's been a while, however, and I haven't gotten an email from Certiphi. Does anyone know if they will send my already released report or do I have to do it again?

About the Ads