post-interview etiquette?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barb

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to send a thank you letter to my interviewers. I had the interview Monday and I didn't get home until late last night. I will mail out the letters tomorrow, but as I am all the way across the country from the school, they won't get there until after they've submitted their evaluations. Would it be over the top to send e-greeting card thank you's today and then go ahead and send the regular thank you cards tomorrow? I would really appreciate your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

yyou know honestly with all the anthrax scare, most of my friends have avoided sending more stuff via the mail....I personally don't think email thank you notes are bad....if your sending an e-greeting just make sure it is in good taste and it isn't like a child thank you card or anything....anywya that is my 2 cents....also, I got accepted to medical schools without sending a single thank you card (not to imply that you want it to have an affect on your evaluations)...however, I've talked to couple of interviewees on my interviews and very few of them did send cards....personally, I want to save as much as I can, including avoding buying cards and paying for the stamp.....God knows how much I spent on SCAMCAS.....oh wwelll I digress...