TRuSchool

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2007
Status
Medical Student
After sending a letter/email to your interviewer, did you receive a reply? Or do they get one from many and just take note of it because there really isnt anything else to say?

beachblonde

10+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2007
Status
Medical Student
The second one.

What are they going to say? "Thanks for the thank you!"? Then you have to say thank you for the thank you for the thank you. And then it just goes downhill from there.

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Nope. no replies. I doubt the interviewers have time to get bogged down with responding to thank-you's, but I can't see why they'd bother even if they did.

Jolie South

is invoking Domo. . .
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have from certain interviewers.

At one school, my student interviewer was super positive and we got along really well during my interview. Her reply basically said that she hoped I got in and she took the time to explain how things worked at the committee. I thought it was nice, but it was definitely above and beyond.

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I got a reply from Pitt saying he sincerely hopes the admission committee stands with his high evaluation of me. I got waitlisted...interviews don't weight that much it seems.

Daydreamer2008

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical

At one school, my student interviewer was super positive and we got along really well during my interview. Her reply basically said that she hoped I got in and she took the time to explain how things worked at the committee. I thought it was nice, but it was definitely above and beyond.
did you get into that school?

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status

Last edited:

dArroway

Gettin' my hood on
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2008
look at the life on this planet sir, no sign of it
Status
Pre-Medical

That's amazing! I would have been extremely charmed...

onesweetworld

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I had 3 interviews from one school and emailed all 3 of them to say thanks. I received a very thoughtful reply from one. He was super nice and I also felt totally comfortable with him when he interviewed me. I suppose it just depends...these people are very busy =)