Post Interview Thank you reply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TRuSchool

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After sending a letter/email to your interviewer, did you receive a reply? Or do they get one from many and just take note of it because there really isnt anything else to say?

Members don't see this ad.

The second one.

What are they going to say? "Thanks for the thank you!"? Then you have to say thank you for the thank you for the thank you. And then it just goes downhill from there.

Nope. no replies. I doubt the interviewers have time to get bogged down with responding to thank-you's, but I can't see why they'd bother even if they did.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have from certain interviewers.

At one school, my student interviewer was super positive and we got along really well during my interview. Her reply basically said that she hoped I got in and she took the time to explain how things worked at the committee. I thought it was nice, but it was definitely above and beyond.

I got a reply from Pitt saying he sincerely hopes the admission committee stands with his high evaluation of me. I got waitlisted...interviews don't weight that much it seems.

At one school, my student interviewer was super positive and we got along really well during my interview. Her reply basically said that she hoped I got in and she took the time to explain how things worked at the committee. I thought it was nice, but it was definitely above and beyond.

did you get into that school?

Last edited:

That's amazing! I would have been extremely charmed...

I had 3 interviews from one school and emailed all 3 of them to say thanks. I received a very thoughtful reply from one. He was super nice and I also felt totally comfortable with him when he interviewed me. I suppose it just depends...these people are very busy =)