Post match application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx1312

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if we'll have to ask for references again for scramble, or are our references still in PhorCAS and can be reused/resent?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if we'll have to ask for references again for scramble, or are our references still in PhorCAS and can be reused/resent?

I called Phorcas yesterday regarding this question. What they explained to me ( but I don't know if I have total faith in them yet), your references are still in, but you if you want to scramble to new programs - you need to have them sign in and confirm with their pin that they wish to enter their LORs for the scramble, if you are scrambling to programs you previously applied, but didnt get inteviewed at, they you don't have to do anything. Sounds like something doesn't check in or maybe I just misunderstood.

I called Phorcas yesterday regarding this question. What they explained to me ( but I don't know if I have total faith in them yet), your references are still in, but you if you want to scramble to new programs - you need to have them sign in and confirm with their pin that they wish to enter their LORs for the scramble, if you are scrambling to programs you previously applied, but didnt get inteviewed at, they you don't have to do anything. Sounds like something doesn't check in or maybe I just misunderstood.
that makes 0 sense at all and there's no way to reach my LOR and hope they do that in the small business day window...

Members don't see this ad :)
That is so dumb. I hope that's not true. The reference writers wrote letters and forms for residency....the scramble is still an residency application. Plus with them only allowing a weekend to get your application together you should not have to again have your LOR do something in that short time period. What if their on vacation or out of office?

Gosh I hope I match...

That is so dumb. I hope that's not true. The reference writers wrote letters and forms for residency....the scramble is still an residency application. Plus with them only allowing a weekend to get your application together you should not have to again have your LOR do something in that short time period. What if their on vacation or out of office?

Gosh I hope I match...

No joke. My SOP spring break starts this weekend!! Hopefully some good news to start it off right!

Gosh I hope I match...

I dunno, maybe try and call and confirm ? This is how the lady explained it to me and I peripherally overheard my preceptor saying something in regards to this but I don't have much faith in them.

I am so screwed if that is true, my preceptors are out of town.

You have spring break on 4th year? what malarkey:eek:

Haha. Indeed! We have four 6-week rotations during P3 year and eight 6-week rotations during P4 year. We deserve a spring break.

This was sent to us via our ASHP advisor via national ASHP:

On March 22, 2013, the match results will come out for the Pharmacy Residency Programs. PhORCAS will be active for those positions that are available in the post match process ( where the program was previously in PhORCAS prematch). Applicants can update their PhORCAS files beginning March 22, 2013 after 12 noon EDT, however they cannot actually submit until Monday, March 25, 2013 after 12 noon EDT in PhORCAS. We are also implementing that programs should not make offers to any post match candidates until April 1st. Post match applicants will need to act fast in the post match process, and many faculty members or preceptors may be asked to be reference writers again for these candidates, or may need to help the students.

Programs are free to adjust their post match application deadline any time after 12 noon on 3/22/13. All programs in the post match process will have a default deadline of 4/1/13 in PhORCAS, but this can change quickly depending on the program. Faculty and advisors should encourage students NOT to wait until the last minute in the post match deadline process, as deadlines can close at any time in the post match process. Additionally new applicants, that did not participate in the matching program, can submit information in PhORCAS and participate in the post match process. These individuals will still need to pay all the fees as a pre-match student in PhORCAS. Applicants that participated in the match, or sign in and are a new applicant post match can see the available post match list, and can also see the dynamic list once they sign into PhORCAS.