Post-match survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM123EM123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got one of these post-match surveys from my #1 program that I didn't match at asking a million questions about what I thought of the interview. I just feel like saying "why do you care about my opinion, you didn't want me."

Members don't see this ad.

Got one of these post-match surveys from my #1 program that I didn't match at asking a million questions about what I thought of the interview. I just feel like saying "why do you care about my opinion, you didn't want me."

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. In the absence of feedback, people assume they're doing a good job. A lot of programs will call or try to conduct some sort of post-mortem with the applicants that were ranked (by the program) within a range that they should have matched into the program but didn't (usually because the applicant ranked another program higher). I imagine some programs just sent out a survey monkey to everyone that interviewed. If a program has a glaring problem with the interview process (can't find parking, program coordinator is impossible to deal with, consistently off-putting interviewer) it can drastically damage its ability to attract quality recruits. That kind of feedback is going to be difficult to obtain from residents that matched into that program (for obvious reasons) so the program rolls the dice that the info they get from the surveys is some vague approximation of the truth.

I too received 2 different post match surveys from programs I didn't match at but ranked higher than where I matched. In the end after matching I did a little more thinking and realized I ended up at the best place for me overall so it was a blessing in disguise.