Post-match "vacation" get-away

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FullThrottle

VFR flying is for rookies
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Going to Vegas... All on red...:D

Members don't see this ad.

Ahh I remember those good ol' days. I remember going to visit the fam in florida, but of course I stopped for 2 days in miami before seeing them, ahh the sun.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to Vegas to!

April 17-21st... What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

That being said - I'm gonna make sure I dont lose my license before I even get it.

Skiing in Colorado -- TWO WEEKS! :cool:

Leaving on a 5-6 week sailing trip to the Bahamas next weekend!

just got back from snorkling/scuba trip in key west!

I'm really excited. One of my classmates (who's been on boats his whole life) got drunk and bought a 33 foot catamaran off of eBay using his buddy's iPhone!:laugh:

So since October, 8 guys have been driving down to Pensacola to repair and outfit the boat for the big trip. We are heading from West Palm to the Abacos and will get back a couple weekd before graduation. Wish us luck and friendly weather!

The wife and I are doing a three-week backpacking trip through Ireland and the UK. Its going to be a bit on the expensive side, although we'll be saving money staying at hostels and the like. We just decided we would never get this much concentrated time off together for a long time, so it was worth it, whatever the cost. Since we were smart with our money the last several years, we didn't have to take an extra loan out for it or anything, either.

We can't wait! Its going to be a nice cap on a long, difficult medical school career for the both of us.

I'm really excited. One of my classmates (who's been on boats his whole life) got drunk and bought a 33 foot catamaran off of eBay using his buddy's iPhone!:laugh:

So since October, 8 guys have been driving down to Pensacola to repair and outfit the boat for the big trip. We are heading from West Palm to the Abacos and will get back a couple weekd before graduation. Wish us luck and friendly weather!

Sweet! It's not hurricane season, so that is a good thing. :)

Sweet! It's not hurricane season, so that is a good thing. :)
A couple years ago I sailed the Virgin Islands. Took the trip in October, thinking we'd get in at the beginning of the tourist season. Dumb idea. Had a great time until Tropical Depression Alpha (later hit the Yucatan and Florida) came over St John and nearly swamped us.

One of my classmates (who's been on boats his whole life) got drunk and bought a 33 foot catamaran off of eBay using his buddy's iPhone!:laugh:

This is a sentence I've never heard before.

Yes, not being hurricane season is a very good thing. :D

Right now the plans have been delayed few days while my 3 buddies in Pensacola wait for the bad weather/10 foot seas to go away. the rest of us will meet them on the Atlantic Coast (after they cut through the Okechobee waterway) and set sail for the Bahamas from there. :luck::xf::luck::xf:

Now if I could only get all of this new employee paperwork finished...

Yes, not being hurricane season is a very good thing. :D

Right now the plans have been delayed few days while my 3 buddies in Pensacola wait for the bad weather/10 foot seas to go away. the rest of us will meet them on the Atlantic Coast (after they cut through the Okechobee waterway) and set sail for the Bahamas from there. :luck::xf::luck::xf:

Now if I could only get all of this new employee paperwork finished...

Eight dudes on a recently repaired sailboat cruising halfway through the gulf and Atlantic ocean with only one of them with any sailing experience. Im still praying for you guys.

Did you ever get that GPS updated?

All we need now is

1. Beer
2. Favorable winds
3. Fish that are ready to bite (or be speared)
4. Rum

I think that's about it.

All we need now is

1. Beer
2. Favorable winds
3. Fish that are ready to bite (or be speared)
4. Rum

I think that's about it.

Don't forget SCUBA...

I am SUPER STOKED!!! I visit family and ski every year in Colorado. This has been a very bad snow year, but it is DUMPING right now! There should be a foot of fresh for us on Sunday!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!

And I have to say, I am SOOOOOO ready to be done with medical school. I'm on a peds surgery rotation. I did more on my FIRST ROTATION of 3rd year than I'm doing now. What a waste of time. The way I figure it is, either let me do something or let me go the hell home! I'm super motivated if I have something to do, but I hate when my time is utterly wasted. I'm done with this! :rolleyes:

If anyone needs a ride home give me call........

My cousin (who just turned 21), is currently in the Desert Springs Hospital ED for alcohol poisoning.. sigh.. he was intubated, monitored, and is now currently fine (extubated, and just has a sick hangover).

But, his BAC was .23 which seemed a bit low to me (and the attending) - apparently there's a chance that his drink was spiked w/GHB - after which he was robbed.

Lame start for the weekend. But, on the bright side, he's doing way better know.

So much for post-match vacation... the lights just arent as bright w/"one of my peoples" in the hospital...