Post MCAT feeling/anticipated score vs actual score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caffeine91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after the 1/25 mcat I realized I made like 4 dumb mistakes on ps. I feel kinda so so about verbal because I kinda went quickly through it (nerves). I feel good about bio except for a passage. Basically I don't feel like I did as well as my 36-38 avg of my last 3 tests. How did others feel after their tests and how did that match up to their scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'll find people in each category: thought they did well, did well; thought they did well, did bad, etc. etc. etc.

I think it all depends on how much you psych yourself out afterwards/ luck on the questions you guessed on. For now, I'd say just chill and hope for the best.

Do you remember how you felt after each of the later AAMCs? If the feeling was on the whole similar, maybe you did the same?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was inconsolable after my MCAT. The PS was brutal. A lot of calculations and I ran out of time and ended up having to make 10-second snap judgments on the last 5-6 questions. Wasn't confident in a lot of the answers I did spend time on. I seriously considered just walking out after that section and not finishing because I would have put my life savings on having gotten like a 7-8 in that section. Made myself finish. Thought VR was fair as far as verbal goes, and that the BS had a lot more orgo than the practice tests (and since bio is my strong subject, more orgo meant less bio and thus a harder section). I was averaging about a 35 on the practice tests, but thought that the real MCAT was a quadrillion times harder (and not just because of the stress/time factor, I legitimately thought that the passages were much more difficult). I cried the whole way home in the car, and on-and-off for the rest of the day. Considered signing up for another testing day when I got home but the thought having to put myself through that again turned me off of the idea. Ended up getting a 39 (12, 12, 15). I must have gotten really lucky in that all of the parts I found really difficult were all experimental.

tl;dr Do not use how you feel after your MCAT as an indicator of your score.

Reactions: 1 users
I was inconsolable after my MCAT. The PS was brutal. A lot of calculations and I ran out of time and ended up having to make 10-second snap judgments on the last 5-6 questions. Wasn't confident in a lot of the answers I did spend time on. I seriously considered just walking out after that section and not finishing because I would have put my life savings on having gotten like a 7-8 in that section. Made myself finish. Thought VR was fair as far as verbal goes, and that the BS had a lot more orgo than the practice tests (and since bio is my strong subject, more orgo meant less bio and thus a harder section). I was averaging about a 35 on the practice tests, but thought that the real MCAT was a quadrillion times harder (and not just because of the stress/time factor, I legitimately thought that the passages were much more difficult). I cried the whole way home in the car, and on-and-off for the rest of the day. Considered signing up for another testing day when I got home but the thought having to put myself through that again turned me off of the idea. Ended up getting a 39 (12, 12, 15). I must have gotten really lucky in that all of the parts I found really difficult were all experimental.

This is just downright inspiring. I was averaging around what you were averaging. So amazing to hear. Thank you for sharing that

Reactions: 1 user

Wow yes this is great lol